Stepping On Glass

Stepping On Glass

A Story by LizCorley
"

How Cinderella might have felt while wearing her glass slippers.

"

No one knows how much the slippers terrify her. That every step she takes will be the one that shatters the glass she wears on her feet. Her smile stays on her face despite the fear she holds in her heart. And when the Prince asks for her hand to dance, she thought her heart would burst out of her chest, but soon as the dance went on, everything went away, her fear of the glass, her fear of her step mother and sisters confronting her and embarrassing her in front of all the people. All of that went away, gazing into his blue eyes. When the clock struck twelve, her fear came back as she started to run away from the first glimmer of freedom that she had since her father died, that she would put too much force on one step and the glass would shatter and pierce her flesh. But she could feel the tiniest little crack in the glass from the pressure of running, so she stopped for just a moment to take off the slipper, considered leaving them both, but decided against it. And at the end of the night, all she had was that one last glass slipper.

© 2015 LizCorley


Author's Note

LizCorley
What are your thoughts on this?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on September 9, 2015
Last Updated on September 9, 2015
Tags: Cinderella, fear, blood, feet

Author

LizCorley
LizCorley

About
I'm just a writer who wants feedback on her work and wants to whether or not people will like her writing and stories. more..

Writing
Attacks Attacks

A Poem by LizCorley