Mr. McMahon's Surprise Appearance

Mr. McMahon's Surprise Appearance

A Chapter by LordSteven
"

When WWE Chairman, Mr. McMahon, arrives on RAW to make an announcement for the Royal Rumble, it sends shockwaves through the WWE, from RAW and SmackDown, all the way down to NXT!

"
December 29th, 2015
Monday Night RAW
Allstate Arena, Chicago, Illinois

You are now tuned in... to the world's greatest! Tonight is the night! Bright lights, hype crowd. Yeah, we came to throw down. Everybody get loud! Tonight is the night! A-List, can't miss when we burn it to the ground! Everybody get loud! TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT!

The arena darkens as the explosive pyro bursts onto the RAW stage in colorful fashion. As the pyro concludes, the arena cameras pan the crowd, as thousands have jam-packed the arena, and hundreds of creative signs can be seen flooding the ringside seats. As the fans yell and scream at the top of their lungs, we are greeted by the voice of the WWE!

Michael Cole: You are watching the longest running weekly episodic television show in history! Welcome to Monday Night RAW! We are live tonight from the Allstate Arena in Chicago, where 18,205 fans are ready for what's sure to be a history-making night live on RAW!

As the crowd starts to die down, the camera focuses on the three-man commentary team!

Michael Cole: I'm Michael Cole, alongside, as always, the Hall of Famer, Jerry "The King" Lawler and John "Bradshaw" Layfield! Ladies and gentlemen, breaking news tonight! If you joined us for the RAW Pre-Show on the WWE Network, it was announced that the Chairman of WWE himself, Mr. McMahon, will be here tonight live to make an announcement regarding the Royal Rumble Match!

JBL: It's not often that the boss makes a house call to RAW, but when he does, you know it's important!

Jerry Lawler: The announcement isn't gonna be that he's in it, is it!? He's won it once!

Michael Cole: I don't think so, King.


Backstage, fellow broadcaster, Renee Young, prepares for an interview with Mr. McMahon. The director gives them a countdown, and Michael Cole throws it to Renee!

Renee Young: Ladies and gentlemen, my guest at this time, MR. McMAHON! Mr. McMahon, can you give us any hint as to what your major announcement is tonight?

Mr. McMahon: Renee, all I can tell you is that someone that is not here tonight is going to get a very... unique... opportunity in the Royal Rumble. Now, if you'll excuse me.

Mr. McMahon walks away from the interview set, leaving Renee, the fans, and the worldwide audience puzzled.


At the top of the RAW's third hour, the familiar sound of No Chance In Hell rings throughout the Allstate Arena, which signifies the arrival of just one man. Mr. McMahon walks out on stage, arms out, presenting himself, as the crowd bursts into loud cheers. As he soaks in the aderation, he begins striding to the ring with a power walk that only Mr. McMahon can perform.

Lilian Garcia: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the Chairman of World Wrestling Entertainment, MR. McMAHON!

Michael Cole: Mr. McMahon promised an announcement that would shock the world as it regards to the Royal Rumble! What does the Chairman have on his mind?

Jerry Lawler: I know! I know! He's gonna put YOU in the Rumble, Michael!? Wouldn't that be great!?

JBL: King, you remember last time Michael was in the Royal Rumble? You wanna relive that again?

Jerry Lawler: Haha. I guess you're right!

Mr. McMahon stomps up the steps, slowly enters the ring, and grabs a microphone from a stagehand at ringside. The Chairman stands center ring as his music fades out. The crowd settles down as Mr. McMahon starts to speak.

Mr. McMahon: I suppose you're all wondering the reason that I surprised everyone by being here tonight. The reason is very simple: to make an impact. Making an impact is something that I've always done, both in the ring and outside of it, and when a new WWE Superstar asks me how to be successful in this business, I tell them to make an impact. And right now, the biggest impact in WWE isn't being made on RAW, and it's not being made on SmackDown! The impact is being made in Orlando, Florida, down at our developmental center, NXT!

The crowd cheers at the mention of one of WWE's hottest commodities, and begins chanting "NXT! NXT NXT!"

Mr. McMahon: Now, the Royal Rumble is just over four weeks away, and I said I was giving someone a golden opportunity at the Royal Rumble, and that's exactly what I'm going to do! Over the next four weeks, here live on RAW, and on SmackDown!, I'm hosting an eight-man tournament consisting of NXT's eight finest stars! And the winner of that tournament will get his name put in with the 29 other men competing in the Royal Rumble Match!

An on-screen graphic was shown on the big Titantron screen, with the crowd getting louder and louder with each passing second.

Michael Cole: What an opportunity this is for any one of those either NXT Superstars!

Jerry Lawler: Michael, if the winner of the tournament wins the Royal Rumble... what could that do to their career!?

JBL: It's just one Superstar! Remember, he's competing against 29 others! He's not almost no chance!

???: Excuse me! Hold on a second!

Mr. McMahon becomes visibly annoyed as, from out of the entrance stage, struts Paul Heyman, manager extrordinaire. The crowd transitions from a loud cheer to a standing boo for Heyman, as he stands on the stage and begins his traditional introduction.

Paul Heyman: Ladies and gentlemen, my name... is Paul Heyman! And I am the advocate for the Beast Incarnate, the conqueror of the Streak, and the reigning, defending WWE Heavyweight Champion of the World... BROCK LESNAR! Mr. McMahon... are you out of your mind!? You're going to put... a rookie... in the Royal Rumble match? How can that do him any good? Either he loses and gets sent back to NXT a definitive loser... or he miraculously wins the Royal Rumble Match and goes on to WrestleMania... where he will be mauled, destroyed, and... conquered... by Brock Lesnar. Are you really going to do that to a rookie? What kind of man are you?

Mr. McMahon: What kind of man am I, Paul? I'm the kind of man who, if you ever interrupt me again, I'll fire your a*s, so you never interrupt anyone again. That's what kind of man I am!

The bravery Mr. McMahon employs brings the crowd to a huge uproar.

Mr. McMahon: I'm also the kind of man, Paul, that enjoys competition. And if, by so chance, that the NXT Superstar does win the Royal Rumble Match, I'll be the kind of man who enjoys seeing that Superstar take on Brock Lesnar in the main event at WrestleMania and see what our champion is REALLY made of. That is... if he's actually man enough to show up.

Before Paul Heyman can utter another word, No Chance In Hell drowns out his voice. Heyman angrily retreats backstage as Mr. McMahon throws down his microphone and takes in the cheers from the crowd before leaving the ring. He strides up the ramp, satisfied with his announcement, as the cameras fade to commercial break.

*Monday Night RAW- Episode 2- Soon to Come.*


© 2015 LordSteven


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
Added on March 16, 2015
Last Updated on March 16, 2015
Tags: WWE, WrestleMania, Championship, NXT


Author

LordSteven
LordSteven

Russellville, AR



About
A professional wrestling connoisseur. An encyclopedia of knowledge, if you will! more..

Writing