Pacing

Pacing

A Story by Lorraine Pearson
"

"safety comes in patience"

"

 

The Lioness


Pacing
By: Lorraine Pearson
March 14, 2008

A lioness paces inside of her cage…longing to get out, though the door is wide open, she must wait. Wait on her cub, carefully guarded behind her, to reach a point in maturity where she too is safe enough for travel. Pacing, pacing back and forth. Impatience grows tiring when the mind is continually overwrought in concern for the safety of her beloved young.

The lioness sees all that lay ahead before she can cross the threshold to true freedom, she can smell it, for it is closer to her every moment as each day passes. She waits and watches, nuzzling her young, nurturing her young, purring to settle the impatience that her adolescent cub also shares in its personal desire to bound out of the cell. Timing of such things is a matter of success or failure…life or death.

There are laws in the jungle, and since the lioness’ day of captivity, she has seared them in her memory. Injury brought her in to the caring hands of the wild preserve. She has almost been gone too long, away from the ways of the wild, hindering her, leaving her vulnerable. Now, with her young, she is even more cautious. She has too much at stake, and no want to gamble. They both see freedom, but they must wait on time.

© Lorraine Pearson 2008

© 2008 Lorraine Pearson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this, and I like the imagery it creates. And the fact that this can be comparable to human life makes it all the more interesting =]

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Okay... I think I'm catching on... maybe... yep, I think so...

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 17, 2008
Last Updated on April 16, 2008

Author

Lorraine Pearson
Lorraine Pearson

Largo, FL



About
I am a freed soul that enjoys writing as much as reading. Its exciting to be amongst others in a forum such as this where no matter the path I'm on in my journey through life, I know I can express wh.. more..

Writing