To Beat Foolishness

To Beat Foolishness

A Poem by Lorraine Pearson

To Beat Foolishness

By: Lori Pearson

November 10, 2006

 

 

Again my heart was broken...

It came as no surprise...

A fool to hope for changes...

Things changed...before my eyes!

 

The truth has always been there...

Screaming in my face...

Still surrendering myself to pain...

Familiar, no hope, no trace.

 

I am a foolish being...

I admit it of my flesh...

But something holds me back here...

My life's become a wash.

 

I suppose I seek my worth...

In someone else's heart...

Instead of looking inward...

I choose to be torn apart.

 

Obviously I know better...

I know it all too well...

I need to beat this foolishness...

Or life remains a ''hell!''

 

 

© Lorraine Pearson 2006

 

 

© 2008 Lorraine Pearson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A shame to allow someone else control over one's own emotional well being. Identifying that -
"I suppose I seek my worth...
In someone else's heart..."
is quite an honest revelation. I think it is important to find our worth within ourselves and then others will better appreciate us.

This piece is well written.


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews


The rhyme and rhythm of your poem is truly remarkable. And you have fit in nice contemplative thoughts...'seeking your worth in someone else's heart...' is my favorite line. It is all so true. Not just for the author but also for so many going through similar issues. And that means it reaches into a heart and brings that valued sense of having the company of another living being.

Excellent work.

Daniel

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A nice write. An honest introspect. I think many women can relate to this...it reminds me of my mom actually...until recently she wasn't happy unless she had a man and she would lose herself each time she was with someone new. His interests became hers...I never really knew who she was...It's a shame really...then as daughters we either become our mothers or the opposites of them....I chose opposite.
Good write though. I enjoyed it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


This poem holds so much truth in it. So many women are taught since they are young that their value is all in relation to a man. I had to reach 50 before I realized what I was doing. Now, I am single, took time to get to know myself and I love my life. Barbara

Posted 16 Years Ago


Aww yes. But I believe being torn apart makes life more interesting. If we are able to accept that is the way it is and not try and hind our scars from past mistakes we are able to see life in a new and beautiful way that others would miss as they are far to busy making sure no one see their faults. I say embrace you life and all of the wonderful scars that tell tales of your life and all that you have overcome to be where you are now and should be proud of them each and every one of them.


Great Job!!!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I know all to well these feelings... we all want to feel the love of another, it makes us feel like we are something special and it is a great feeling but sometimes we get so wrapped up in it we don't see the trouble ahead... and in the end we must love ourselves for true happiness... another top notch poem.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A nice little poem this --- it descrbes the loss of self and the hope we have that others will see us. It shows a great need to be seen, to be known and to be loved - for who we are ---- needs that are not met except in the "old familiar ways" --- the ways that bring us down even lower - while in some strange way making us feel " safe"? simply because it is familiar.

We know we should go - but something holds us back and that is usually simply that we hold the hope that one day the person we care about, will care enough to *stop*, and to really see us.

This poem will show many things to different readers - to me it shows an abusive relationship where one person has made the same or similar mistakes of trusting that things will get better.

this person knows it is a foolish wish that this will happen, but the hope still lives, that maybe this time..........

The realization at the end indicates a growth and a wisdom, but while it shows a degree of hope, it is just the knowledge that beating the personal foolishness is something that must be done, or the person will stay in the *hell* they are living through.

The person in this poem has the answers - the knowledge and the wisdom as to what to do - but as yet lacks the strength to do it.

Too often we stay where we are simply because, even if bad - it is familiar, and the unknown is to scary.

This poem shows this person had gone through torment - found wisdom and is finding the strength to finally find themself -and their own self-worth in their own eyes - not being dependant on others.

A good write Lorraine

well done

jen-JG












Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A shame to allow someone else control over one's own emotional well being. Identifying that -
"I suppose I seek my worth...
In someone else's heart..."
is quite an honest revelation. I think it is important to find our worth within ourselves and then others will better appreciate us.

This piece is well written.


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 24, 2008

Author

Lorraine Pearson
Lorraine Pearson

Largo, FL



About
I am a freed soul that enjoys writing as much as reading. Its exciting to be amongst others in a forum such as this where no matter the path I'm on in my journey through life, I know I can express wh.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Deal The Deal

A Poem by Tania Leigh