Absent Flower

Absent Flower

A Story by SpaceDeflector
"

Hades wife, Persephone, has left him alone and isolated. What's a lonesome God of Death to do?

"
The cerulean tendrils of fire surrounding my throne wrapped themselves around my body in a warm embrace. Their comfort was of little use to me. I stared blankly at a writhed abomination in my hand. Its dry green petals brushed lightly against my palm as I plucked at its sharp thorns. 
"How dare she..." I mumbled as a blue inferno lit in my hand, slowly charring the flower to bits. "How dare that shrew leave me!" My voice echoed through my chamber, slightly drowning out the moans of tortured souls. My oh-so-loving wife, Persephone, has returned to see her mother, Demeter, and left me here in this wretched place. 
"Why would I stay here?!" She screamed furiously at me.
"I order you to stay!!" I screamed twice as loud, determined not to be beaten by some lowly wench. 
"I am not your slave, Hades! I wish to see my mother...to see the sun and smell fresh air!" Her eyes tore into mine as her eyes pleaded with me. "Please Hades..." Her voice softened as her eyes began filling with tears.
"I-I..." A sigh emitted from my lips. "You may leave..." I stared in her eyes with a slightly cold look. If she wished to leave, fine by me. But she'd be back...she'd have to come back...She turned toward the door, avoiding my gaze.
"You can come with me..." She said softly. My face contorted to a look of pure fury. Was she taunting me? She knew I couldn't leave this place without being disgraced! She knew I never enjoyed humans anyhow...they rely on emotion. Especially love: the most  futile emotion of them all. What is its use? It drives men insane and makes them do the most idiotic things. 
"Leave." I said through gritted teeth. I did not wish to think of such worthless things.
I sat up in my throne, the brittle bones supporting the backrest crunched underneath my back. The flames around my throne swirled in a rage fueled inferno as my blood began to boil. What does that woman give her that I can not provide?! Money? Being the God of Wealth, obtaining money was as easy as taking a single breath. Power? Surely there was enough to divide between us...
  A piece of angelic white cloth wrapped around my legs. I gently grabbed it off my legs and rested it on my chest as I traced its softness with my fingers. I had forgotten of Persephone's favorite silk gown...I felt myself lost in it, my eyes absorbing every thread...every precious moment I'd spent with her...I felt my heart skip a beat. I clutched my chest nervously. What was happening? Certainly it was not...no, it couldn't be! A laugh began to erupt from my knotted stomach and work its way up to my cold lips. Love...such a needless emotion...Why would I, the God of Death, need such a thing? The gown refused to leave my side, no matter how hard I tried to discard it. The thumps from my heart grew louder with each beat. Why must this happen now? Why can't I stop this dreadful feeling? I stared at the River of Styx, its green and blue hues captivated my thoughts and mind as the beating slowly subsided. I lifted my head back as I inhaled the bittersweet taste of the anguished souls. Their moans began to lull me into a peaceful sleep, hopefully free of that accursed wench. 
 "Love..." I whispered as I drifted off to sleep. "I know no such thing..."

© 2012 SpaceDeflector


Author's Note

SpaceDeflector
In my mind, Hades doesn't understand the concept of love. If I get enough reviews asking me to write this as a book, I will. But for now, it's just a story...it may suck...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I understand Greek Mythology somewhat. You could write a novel about all the sisters and brothers of Hades who is the Greek god of the Underwood. Hades also had some half brothers that were Demi-gods as well. Excellent write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was a really nice write. I really enjoyed this piece. No God of Death would understand anything of the sort. It was very detailed. I think this should be a book. Thanks for sharing...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Really really good! This is amazing!!!!!! Good job Camille :) BOOK PLEASE!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
3 Reviews
Added on February 3, 2012
Last Updated on February 4, 2012

Author

SpaceDeflector
SpaceDeflector

NJ



About
Hi! I love to write but am pretty average at it. I also write a lot of fantasy stories and things about space. So, um...enjoy. more..

Writing
Pillars Pillars

A Story by SpaceDeflector