Good Morning Wake Up Call: Grace Part 1

Good Morning Wake Up Call: Grace Part 1

A Story by Gabby
"

Let's let May's recent encounter sink in, and learn Grace's story.

"
  

           Grace


Moving to Maine was not something that came up because my parent's had new job opportunities, or if my family just needed a change of scenery. It was because we had to escape...escape the suffocating aftermath of my brother's death. The story goes like this...he had been the designated driver for his friends after a frat party, but the ironic thing is that another tragically drunk college student from the same party hit my brother's car. It all happened like this, the car flipped, only killing the driver, my brother. And the worst part was his drunk friends survived, and I know this sounds one-sided and cold but it's how I feel. It's what I lost. My brother died to help the people he cared about, and because of that no one will ever get to see him again, I won't get to see him again.

    In the reality of it all we got cheated, and my brother was robbed of his life that had barely even began in the huge retrospect of things. When the police contacted us my first thought had been this happens to other people, not us, not me, not Daniel. It was shocking, and then it was just devastating. But the most impacting aspect of it all was how everyone else reacted. I had to watch my family, and all of Daniel's friends slowly realize that he's truly gone. Then witness how they had gotten over some light part of the grief and feel the full weight of the emptiness. Daniel was the only person who truly understood anything I felt, and anything I was ever going through. He had been there my whole life, and now he's gone. So this is where we are now. In a new state to hide away from everything we knew, to start over and heal.

   






                

© 2017 Gabby


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Gabby
While I'm deciding on the direction in which I would like to take May and her story, I'm going to give you this small taste of Grace and the tragedy's she has faced.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

this story is so freaking deep and it's only the beginning

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 9, 2017
Last Updated on June 9, 2017

Author

Gabby
Gabby

Springfield, OR



About
My name is Alanna and I am an aspiring fantasy author. Feedback on my stories is appreciated ! more..

Writing