The Terrifying Lasedret

The Terrifying Lasedret

A Story by M.G Spoelstra
"

My story I wrote for Challenge English last year.

"

Once long ago, there was a mysterious kingdom. The kingdom was known for its terrorizing  beasts and dragons lurking about. One day a huge storm bellowed with red clouds and something fell from the sky. The object looked like a beast and most likely was a beast because all beasts and dragons arrived through the magical sky. King Henry and Queen Karina sent a group of sentries to search for the new beast that  has fallen from the sky, and to kill it before it caused any more injuries. So the sentries went out in search to find the beast in the woods.      

    When they found it, they saw that the  beast stood 30 feet high and  10 feet wide. It had sharp teeth with a horn on its head with icy blue eyes. The fur of the beast was glimmering blue, and unlike most  creatures that breathed fire, this creature  breathed the coldest ice that could kill within the first few seconds of touching it. The sentries were terrified and tried to kill it, but they failed.

            

    Sir Thomas, one of the knights, ran inside the castle to see the King And Queen. " We have found the monster! It stands 30 ft and breathes paralyzing ice out of his nostrils!" proclaimed Sir Thomas.

     "Have you tried to kill it?" asked King Henry.

    "Yes, Your Majesty we did, but we failed only a few of us are left."

    " I shall make an announcement to whoever slays this wicked creature gets gold and  gets to live in the castle, but they must have proof of the carnage. Spread the word, Sir Thomas."

    "I will." And then Sir Thomas left the castle.

    The next day, news spread quickly, and all men came to the castle to join the group to go off and slay the dragon. But there is one family who didn't know about it yet because they lived in a cabin in the woods. The family was poor, and lived on one loaf of bread and a few eggs a day for a family of six. The children were usually bored because the parents could never afford any toys. "Sam! Sam! Have you heard the news yet? Whoever slays the beast gets gold!  You should go off and kill it! I know you can. Father and you  have been practicing sword fighting for a really long time," said Kathleen, who was out of breath from running back home from the village to tell the good news. Kathleen was Sam's younger sister she was 13 years old.The young man named Sam had light blue eyes and dark brown hair. That afternoon Sam told his mother and father that he will go and get the gold for his family. His father gave Sam his very special sword with two green emeralds inside it for Sam's journey.

    Sam went out to the castle and joined the group of men preparing for battle. The men argued about where to look first. They couldn’t decide if it was in the woods or near the sea. Since Sam was smart, he remembered reading about this creature in a book, this creature was called a Lasedret. The Lasedret is a rare monster who only came once every 50 years.  Also, the Lasedret lived on top of the mountains where it was cold. So while men went out to the wood, Sam decided to leave the group, and go for the mountains. For ten days and nine  nights, Sam traveled up the cold, high mountain. Then he finally saw a cave.

    The cave was immense and was the perfect home for the Lasedret. Sam drew his sword and walked into the cave slowly, not knowing where the Lasedret was. The Lasedret was nowhere to be seen.

    After it seemed like hours of walking through the cave, Sam heard a huge roar come from the entrance of the cave. Sam turned around to face towards the cave when he realized it was the monster that was striding  into the cave. He knew then that the Lasedret has been hunting particularly humans and he was to be hunted next. The huge foot steps came towards him slowly. The 20-year-old man raced to the side of the cave and hid behind a massive rock until the Lasedret passed by. Sam waited until the Lasedret fell asleep.

    When it finally fell asleep, Sam went to exterminate it. The huge beast was snoring rather loudly. Sam walked past it, but accidentally kicked a pebble, and the Lasedret's eyes opened, suddenly seeing him. The beast stood up high, and the handsome man ran as fast as he could towards the Lasedret's tail. He jumped and grabbed the furry, chilling  tail and he hung onto the tip of it. The Lasedret started chasing his tail to bite, and knock Sam off. The threatening creature blew ice through its nostrils also to try to get Sam off of his tail, but the freezing ice couldn't reach Sam because the tail was short. Sam climbed up the furry cold creature’s back by  grabbing his fur. The Lasedret didn't give up yet, though it finally shook Sam off.

     Sam ran up in front of the Lasedret, and threw the sword into its beating heart. The beast fell downward. Sam took some of the fur and one if its teeth, and put it in his bag.

      He did it! Sam was gleeful, and he sang and laughed the whole way home. When he arrived to the kingdom, King Henry and Queen Karina were so happy that they threw a festival in honour of Sam and his good deeds. They gave Sam pure gold and they offered Sam to live in their castle, but he couldn't bring his family with him. Sam denied the castle, for he wanted to stay with his family. He asked the King if instead of living in the castle, if he could have plenty of food and games for his family. King Henry agreed. His family no longer starved or got bored  again. Since then, every year on that day they celebrate the death of the Lasedret.

    Until the next one came.

© 2014 M.G Spoelstra


Author's Note

M.G Spoelstra
Is the dialogue okay? Is the story able to be understood correctly?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on July 1, 2014
Last Updated on July 1, 2014
Tags: #Story

Author

M.G Spoelstra
M.G Spoelstra

Lowell, HI



About
I am 14 and I love to write. I am not looking going to do this as a real job, but I enjoy writing on my free time. I am in my second year of Challenge English and I have a lot of fun in that class. more..

Writing