I love you

I love you

A Poem by Morgan Yai

How two people go from friend to foe was always a mystery to me. Friend to foe. Friend meaning what? You hung out a few times and then got in a fight. No way to delight in what went down, but it's done. It's over. Nothing to mourn over to lose your heart over. Foe: I don't speak to you. I don't know you. Acknowledgment? Maybe. True, it's no fun, but things must be things and things must come to an end. Friend to foe. No, not fun. But you know it's over. Know it's done and that's fine. Oh, but lover to worse than nothing. Now we're talking. Or, now we're aching, mourning. The tears in the evening and the morning and everywhere in between, you don't see me. You don't want to see me. You want to stand there and pretend that it was nothing.  But believe me, it was something. In your world, your bubble, you've made for yourself now, you shut me out. How, is still a mystery to me and will continue to be a mystery to me until your words may one day set me free. Free from this pain and hurt and regret. You relentless... But, no. No, you stopped. You made your thoughts clear and chose to disappear and yet here and I am now writing to someone who doesn't want to hear. Doesn't want to listen. These words in my mind went to paper went to words I'm now throwing at you hoping you'll catch one in your hand, or your heart. Somewhere they will stick and stay and I won't have to say, say "I love you" because you already know. Say "I'm sorry" because you know that too and I know you don't want me to but I am and I do. Yeah, I'm sorry, and I still love you.

© 2016 Morgan Yai


Author's Note

Morgan Yai
This is really supposed to be more of a spoken word, slam poetry type, but I wanted to share it with someone. I'm considering taking it to an open mic event... Thoughts on that would be great. Any comments on length or anything that seems to be missing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Heartbreaking. Totally relatable. Excellent.
Did you ever slam this one?

Posted 6 Years Ago


Morgan Yai

6 Years Ago

Thank you for the feedback. I apologize for the super delayed response. I haven't been on my account.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 16, 2016
Last Updated on September 16, 2016
Tags: love, longing, missing, heartbreak, sorry, poem, poetry, spoken, slam poetry