The Enuma elish (Part 1)

The Enuma elish (Part 1)

A Chapter by The Mad Prophet
"

The First Part of this, may I hope to finish.

"

 

            Hunger forged from ever burning passion.  Cosmic scheme, the void is all, and all is nothing.  My eye opens, for the first time I see, and I see nothing.  Nothing is the void of light and darkness.  There is no light, and there is no darkness.  If this is nothing, what am I?  I am aware, am I not?  Did I want to be awake?

            Hunger rising to create a new found sensation.  If I am to be aware, awake, what in this realm shall I do?  Am I too drift, or sit?  I need purpose, meaning to my existence.  I am not tired, I have already slept.  What thought am I bringing into existence as I am feeling it?  What desire seeks me out?

            Hunger searching for something to prey from.  How can I find what I need in nothing?  Am I the Will of Nothing, void?  No wait, I have a name.  As I have a name, I have power.  What is power?  I am not sure what it is, for nothing exists except me, the Will of Nothing.  I am the source, the infinite in nothing…  No I am nothing, the infinite is Light.  I am the Will of, but I am not a thing.  The source is masculine, I am feminine.  I need to meet the infinite, so I can be defined.

            Hunger resolved by sustenance.  I must clear my thoughts; they are so loud in this place of nothing.  My thoughts are ideas, wait that’s it.  My thoughts are where I need to go, for they are close to the source.  I can feel the infinite inside my thoughts that are so loud and noisy in the Will of Nothing.  If am to be awake, I must seek out the source.  I must touch my most inner thoughts to find what I seek, and this task will drain me for I am the Will of Nothing.

            Hunger diminished by ever flowing sustenance.  Finally I have attained the source, both halves of the energy spectrum collided.  I a born from nothing, as two energies fused, and this now will be the First Law.  I am both light and dark, I am the first, and will be the last.  I am alive, and yet not living.  As thus, I have the divine right to create the First Law.  To exist as I do, one must be forged by duel energy.  Once the two halves form, reality is to slowly set.

 

The First Law:  Creation, and Duality

            As my Will is imposed into existence, I am to impose more.  I am still in nothing, but I am out of void.  I now know my purpose.  It will lie in Salt Water.  Yet the Masculine me shall be placed in Sweet Water.  As the two waters combine, creation from duality is created.  This will be may First Law of Creation.  As to create, one must have two halves.

…..

            Tiamat noticed both types of waters she swam in.  The Salt Waters are the waters that she was born into.  Apsu was the Masculine side that was tossed off into the Sweet Waters to take control of.  Once Apsu gain reasoning, he floated to the edge of the Sweet Waters.

            “Tiamat, my wife, where am I?”

            Tiamat drifted close to the edge of the Salt Waters, “we are not only home, but we exist.  This is existence, and we may continue to live here unquestioned.  Our waters are deep, but mine is deeper and darker then your Sweet Waters.  You have nothing to fear.”

            “Still, though I don’t fear, my waters are still dark and silent.  One can go mad listening to the Sweet Waters.  Perhaps we shall have a son who is both waters, the first son.”

            Tiamat’s eyes shifted toward Apsu, “yes, I can see this.  However if we create too much, reality will enforce laws we will have a hard time dismissing.”

            As they both agreed, their waters began to combine.  As the Salt and Sweet Waters collided, mist started to arise from the waters.  The mist layered itself on top of both waters, silently, and obediently.  This mist rolled over the waters thick, creating the first boundary outside the waters.

            “Mummu my son,” said Tiamat gently.  “You are both Salty, and Sweet.  The Mist, and the keeper of secrets as I lay them within you.  Learn my ways, and guard our waters.”

            Mummu drifted one of its many heads toward Mother Tiamat, “I shall do this, but there is no one to protect the waters from.  Should I be lonely forever, watching the waters?”

            Apsu shifted up to Tiamat, “maybe we could create again…  It was pleasurable.”

            Tiamat looked at Apsu with discern, “creation is pleasure, but it is also dire.  The more we create, the more unseen laws form.  We bring forth reality, reality brings forth restrictions, making us weaker.  Though the desire of creation can not be avoided, soon I will want off spring.  But for now I sleep, for I am tired and I advise both of you to do the same.”

            After Tiamat was done placing her secrets in Mummu to watch over, she and Apsu fell into a deep sleep.  Mummu stand guard for many, many cycles.  Though there was neither day nor night, with his secrets he imposed a way to keep track of years.  Temperature was mild, but it was there.  He noticed mild warmth, in which he likes to come out to grab.

            With the ever mild shifting current of nature, and the secrets of Tiamat, Mummu noticed seasons.  So he started to watch and count the endless seasons until the time creation will rise from the keepers.

…..

            Seasons a cur, in four forms.  Each form representing a new era, and a new model of reality.  Each fragment of a season was so tiny, one could hardly tell it was different, but Mummu was ever observant.  He noticed the change, for he had many seasons to do so.

            Warmth was in the air once again, again for the 81st time.  Mummu, bored, awoke Mother Tiamat.  “Mother, I wish to have more to do.  I grow weary, tired, and filled with no purpose.”

            A head came out of the Salty Waters, Black as dark as the Abyss from which it came.  “I too am wondering what all can be done.  Apsu, my Husband, awake and stand before me.”

            A head came out of the Sweet Waters, White as bright as the blending of all things.  “Yes, I am here.  What do you speak of me Tiamat?”

            “We shall bare more offspring.  This time two more, and they shall be given the right to create.  They will be given the right to make reality as they see while we sleep.  Hopefully, as I speak this, each generation of children shall be slightly weaker then the parent.”

            “That is a good idea, and I shall help you create like how we bore Mummu.”  The two waters formulated together, thus Anshar and Kishar was created.  Anshar was born as the husband of Kishar.  As they became more aware of themselves, they became more aware of their purpose.

            They both created Sin, or Nanna as he calls himself, the Moon God.  Anu, the Sky God.  Nintu, Great Mother Goddess and wife of Anu.  Anu and Nintu birthed the air between the waters and the great infinite that was Anu.  Enlil will be the name of that air which became friends with Mummu.

            Later another child of Anu was birthed.  Ishtar, or Inanna as she is known, became the Goddess of Love and War.  Such the judge, as she sets and watches from above with her father and brother Nanna.

            Now the roles have been filled, but one thing is a miss.  By each generation, as active Gods of reality, they all grow in power and strength.  Nintu even knows many secrets of her own, magical and sacred are they.  This matters not for the Elder Gods, they sleep as their children shift and changes reality as fore told.



© 2008 The Mad Prophet


Author's Note

The Mad Prophet
A good song that is on my Profile is called the Enuma elish by Rotting Christ. Very good example of this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very intresting :D. I enjoyed reading this. ^_^

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 6, 2008


Author

The Mad Prophet
The Mad Prophet

Cedar Falls, IA



About
I always like taking the next big step through my mind. I am always trying to overcome something as simple as feelings over something. Ether it be good or bad, I try to adapt to it just to push it f.. more..

Writing