They called us Kings

They called us Kings

A Poem by Jay
"

Something I wrote while thinking of tomorrow

"
It's funny .......  Ask them who's king and they'll tell you us...ask us who's King and we'll tell you them....But the real question ......the one no one is asking is......why cant the king be those with the intentions for greatness and the drive to bring his kingdom to new heights ? Because there can only be one king......they laugh at a joke you don't quite understand...... so hard in fact that you start to believe it's worth the laughter. Not even knowing that you're the punchline to this twisted joke ...they tell you as they laugh hysterically at the thought of anything less..........king of what?..... Ruler of who? We answer with a voice as bold as thunder roaring through the night sky......King of this world and the next..... ruler of a majesty awaiting the day they can take the throne. We bow our heads in silence as they hand us the crown and the keys to a life we deserved from the very beginning .

© 2016 Jay


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

307 Views
Added on October 6, 2016
Last Updated on October 6, 2016

Author

Jay
Jay

About
I just write what comes to mind whether sadness or joy, pain or relative understanding. It all depends on the matter at hand. I just want for my words to be able to mean something. more..

Writing
Sunsets on Mars Sunsets on Mars

A Poem by Jay


Royalty Royalty

A Poem by Jay