A bug and a bush

A bug and a bush

A Story by marteyn harinck
"

A small story about a bug and a bush which changed the world. I'd like to know your opinions on this!

"

Imagine a bush. Inside of that bush there is a bug. This story is about that very bug. Although many would deem the bug insignificant and weak, the bug managed to change the world in a way that most other creatures would never be able to. Because our bug of interest was not an ordinary bug. It was a curious bug. And curious creatures are the most prone to causing destruction and despair.

The bug did, as most bugs do, not have a name, it was just another bug in a million other bugs. Our bug was able to cause a little more destruction and pain than other bugs, because it was a wasp. Wasps in my time were very happy to sting you every second of every day, and wasp-related deaths often occurred. To get the full picture, we first have to think about how the wasp got to that bush in the first place. The journey of the wasp to the bush is a story on itself, which can be told almost into eternity, each time going back a step in history, until we reach the very start of time. But since going back to the beginning of time would take too long for most humans’ their attention span, We will start off a little later in time. Exactly 5 hours before our wasp reached that very bush where it would change the world.

There was a branch, which once belonged to a now long-forgotten tree. Inside of that tree there used to be a wasp’s hive. Our wasp originates from that hive. When the tree fell during a storm, the branch fell and the hive broke. What the wasp felt was fear. What the tree felt was death. What the world felt was nothingness. Instinct took control of the wasp, as it does with many creatures, and it fled, over the branch, away from the broken hive and the fallen tree, to the bush.

It landed on a leaf in the bush. What should’ve been mentioned by now is that the bush had thorns, something which would prove to be very important. The storm settled and the sun came out, the wildlife immediately started recovering following this heavy blow to their homes. Just like our wasp, someone else had tried to flee for the storm and its destruction. This other refugee was a human. This human was the son of a nobleman, and was to be betrothed to a lady of high stature to ensure an alliance for his family. The wasp sought to disrupt this. The result was the boy receiving a sting under his left eye and falling into the bush, with the sharp metal thorns cutting into his skin. By the time the bush and wasp had finished with the boy, his face had been deformed to the point where it looked like a crime scene. The boy’s new appearance did not please his prospected wife, who blew off the marriage. This cancellation of plans led to a war. A war in which thousands would die and millions would lose their home. A war which a wasp partially caused.

© 2016 marteyn harinck


Author's Note

marteyn harinck
I'm from the Netherlands, so please excuse my sometimes poor use of english!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on June 25, 2016
Last Updated on June 25, 2016
Tags: Fiction, humor, bug, wasp, bush

Author

marteyn harinck
marteyn harinck

terneuzen, Zeeland, Netherlands



About
I write. That's all more..