The Girl In The Window

The Girl In The Window

A Poem by Simona

I once knew a girl who sat by a window,
she would stare at the world wondering about it.
She was always thinking of going out there,that big big world.
She was home schooled and had no friends,she was a loner but she didn't care
All she had was her cat Michelle and her room.
She would watch the kids play outside and she made her own friends too.
Even know she was a loner she always dreamed of outside.
When she tried to go out there her dad said no.
When she tried to go to the door her mom said never.
She never knew why they always said no...

© 2013 Simona


Author's Note

Simona
I had a dream like this so i wanted to put it in words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A powerful dream that would be. It shares the emotional stresses of being oppressed and caged and it continues to carry a fear of the great out beyond. It almost seems in the dream that parents aren't willing to tell the child about the great out there because it might alter how they are able to control her life.
While, it could be there are zombies out there or some insane monster types, and the parents are just protecting the girl... Since it was a dream... I'd say that the girl secretly knows her destiny lies beyond the window pane and has a deep distrust of the elders ways of doing things.
Yet, with all things when the dream ends and we wake up... it's just a bunch of images that we seldom can know for sure what they all mean. =)

Thanks for sharing! Great Ink!
Aaron - Wolfwind

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

haha it kinda reminds me of me...more or less xD That would be an interesting dream, almost could make a story around this one....sometimes dreams can help work into certain scenes in a story. You did a good job writing it down it seems like, sometimes dreams comes and goes so fast that its hard to remember what they are about.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Freaky dream. Hm, do you always write what you dream?

Posted 10 Years Ago


Simona

10 Years Ago

sometimes.
Vile

10 Years Ago

I dig it, alot of artists do that. Almost everyone ofJimi Hendrix's songs was a dream. Incrediable w.. read more
I feel her parents didn't want to go outside because they didn't want their daughter being exposed to public school kids. I'm sure that girl had a lot of potential, but it's sad to know that she never got the chance to really experience her surroundings from the outside. I love nature and it is said that being exposed to nature can make someone happier and have a better life. I believe it's true. I pity the kids who get stuck in the house and only allowed to go and see certain places. That their parents are in total control of them and won't let them enjoy the actual life they have.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Even know she was a loner she always dreamed of outside.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Even though she was a loner she always dreamed of outside.

I believe that is what you wanted to say...int hat line but this is your verse...a sad piece of a write...seems there is more to the poem...but ends relatively short...as with most dreams...bits and pieces of fragments running through the mind...

Posted 10 Years Ago


An intriguing write. Makes the reader think the parents had something to hide, perhaps?

Posted 10 Years Ago


A splendid read and write ...Thank you for penning...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Simona

10 Years Ago

your welcome!
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

ou are welcome...:)
I find this to be so morbid and sorrowful in its peak, but when really processed its almost hopeful. This is one of those poems that has me imagining that little invisible golden dust encircling the girl, feeding her dreams and shaping her fantasy as if craft. Good job Simona, keep dreaming. ^^

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Simona

10 Years Ago

thank you!
A powerful dream that would be. It shares the emotional stresses of being oppressed and caged and it continues to carry a fear of the great out beyond. It almost seems in the dream that parents aren't willing to tell the child about the great out there because it might alter how they are able to control her life.
While, it could be there are zombies out there or some insane monster types, and the parents are just protecting the girl... Since it was a dream... I'd say that the girl secretly knows her destiny lies beyond the window pane and has a deep distrust of the elders ways of doing things.
Yet, with all things when the dream ends and we wake up... it's just a bunch of images that we seldom can know for sure what they all mean. =)

Thanks for sharing! Great Ink!
Aaron - Wolfwind

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

such a sad dream that you transfered into a lovely poem, I could totally picture the girl inside her prison.
Well done :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Quite intriguing. The piece portrayed that dream quite clearly yet it leaves so many vague ideas about the dream itself. I think that is what makes it interesting. Though, I think this could have worked as a short story. It doesn't really have rhythm and flow of a poem. Still, it's ok.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

544 Views
10 Reviews
Added on August 24, 2013
Last Updated on September 26, 2013

Author

Simona
Simona

Chicago, IL



About
Hello!My name is Simona.I love to write(Duh).I like anime,video games,and a lot of other stuff.I'm also good at drawing.My fave food is cake.I like listening to J-pop,rock,Vocaloid. more..

Writing
Beast Beast

A Poem by Simona