Solitude

Solitude

A Story by Nina St. Moritz
"

Just something I wrote while bored in class. I wanted to exercise my prose, letting the words roll around my mouth and painting the image in my head.

"
She is walking on the beach, the damp sand caving beneath her bare feet. The summer sun beats down on her shoulders as a lethargic sea breeze stirs her pale hair. To her left, a deep roar grows and shrinks into a wave that laps at her ankles.
This is her beach, hers alone, and she enjoys it. No crowds full of screaming toddlers or yelling mothers. No sunbathers to block her straight path down the water's edge. No pits dug by over-energized teens to trip her. Without these obstacles, she could enjoy the scene in peace, with her aqua eyes closed.
Another breeze drifts by. Its warm fingers run over her back and legs, leaving goosebumps on her skin. Another warm wave tickles her toes.
She loves it here, just as he'd loved it here.
Her heart gives a wrench that forces her eyes to flicker open. The lance of light off the glimmering hills of the sea stings her eyes. Blinking, she gazes ahead at the cave in the cliff which borders her beach. Another lash of pain from her heart, and she pulls her eyes away from his cave, from his haven, from his memory.
She closes her eyes once more, as the ocean laps at her feet, as the breeze stirs her hair.
She is safe in her solitude.

© 2012 Nina St. Moritz


Author's Note

Nina St. Moritz
I wanted to see if I could evoke a lot of emotion of some sort or another with this piece. Hence the little bit of romance and heartbreak tossed in. Did I succeed in illustrating any strong feelings?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hi ive, been reading your stuff and i like it. You are one of those kind of people who are ... Real? And yah its emotional.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

275 Views
1 Review
Added on April 16, 2012
Last Updated on April 16, 2012
Tags: beach, solitude, girl, boy, cave, lonely, warmth, chill, heart, sun, ocean

Author

Nina St. Moritz
Nina St. Moritz

Near San Bernadino, CA



About
25. Female. California. Wattpad: http://wattpad.com/MissPotionsOwl NaNoWriMo: http://nanowrimo.org/participants/Monstaccato Email: [email protected] more..

Writing