And Angels Cry

And Angels Cry

A Story by Nina St. Moritz
"

I was going for a conflicting-emotions- kind of deal here, a mind fighting between despair and loving memories.

"
My eyes are closed. All around me, the sweet scent of roses fills the still air. Their crimson petals fall softly and it's so quiet. I can hear every single velvet gift land on the grass. No birds sing, no cars roar, no people shout. It's just me, alone with the roses, lying down and staring at nothing, thinking of nothing, moving for nothing.
Then there is sound, there is thought, there is sight. A bright shrill keen pierces the air, the vibrant song of a small yet long-winded bird. I think of how we always laid there, listening to hear that single bird's cry. He loved that sound, said that it represented a new face, action despite fear. I smile as I remember. He always saw a deeper meaning in everything I'd only ever taken for granted.
And I see him in the empty air before me, a ghost of emotions and images reflected in the splash of roses and the throb of bird-song. His white hair glows, his silver eyes flash with a compassion I could never understand. He had an angel's face, an angel's mind.
Angel.
The word means more to me now than it ever had before. He'd always called me by that most tender of names. The angel devoted to the unworthy mortal, he titled me. The forgiving guardian angel. I'd return his words with a frown and tell him that no angel existed in me. I told him that if he was the unworthy mortal, I was the selfish demon. And every time those words slipped past my lips, he gave me a knowing smile, so full of an understanding I would never be able to feel. Then he'd chuckle, a bright, deep sound that still resonated in my skin, my heart, and he'd say that I was a demon with an angel's heart.
I remember those moments so clearly, sweetly, and a smile betrays me so that the shadows that long to tear me down melt away for a glorious moment. But as the thought fades, so does the smile. I remember where and when I am, and the shadows rise up once more, their dangerous claws scrabbling for a crack in my armor. They find one, a tiny memory in a reservoir of millions. As the shadows tear me apart, the memory surfaces, falling before my eyes as the diamond tears that accompany the vision.
I hear his voice, a soothing comfort in a sea of chaos.
"And angels cry."

© 2012 Nina St. Moritz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, thats so deep! I love it.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2272 Views
1 Review
Added on April 16, 2012
Last Updated on April 16, 2012
Tags: love, roses, angels, cry, tears, demon, boy, girl

Author

Nina St. Moritz
Nina St. Moritz

Near San Bernadino, CA



About
25. Female. California. Wattpad: http://wattpad.com/MissPotionsOwl NaNoWriMo: http://nanowrimo.org/participants/Monstaccato Email: [email protected] more..

Writing