Life is like that!!!

Life is like that!!!

A Story by Monish

  I guess this is why all women call this the best time of their lives; the day when you are where you always wanted to be. The first time you are going to be his. Yes today morning was my wedding. I am waiting for my prince to melt my heart again. Oops, he is my husband now . Some things will be tough getting used to. Top of the list will be touching his feet reverently without laughing while he tries to pull a prank or two. Meet me Mrs Veena Sukhinder.  I have had my make -up and with my heavy clothes I am here waiting in the bed and where on earth is he now? Men are like that, they want you always and when you offer yourself to them on a palate, they’ll get nervous. But I don’t think my prince, oops again, he is my husband I forget, I don’t  that he is a nervous guy. He is Mr Lazy in every little thing save his air force duty. Oh yes, I am the girl who beat you all. My hubby is an air-force pilot. That’s the pride that I have in being his wife. I don’t mind losing my identity, my surname or myself for being his wife. I love him and tonight’s the start of the journey with him. He drives everything well; bikes, planes etc. I guess I am ready for the long journey with him.  I am hearing his footsteps in the corridor, my God he is near. I am nervous now. I sank my head between my knees; I do that whenever I am nervous. Last time I did that was when I was waiting for my semester results. I am thinking of unromantic things before the most amazing night I am going to have or has it already begun? I felt a touch I guess.

“Am I late madam?” I heard his voice, hubbbbbyyyy you’re here, I thought.
“ You can never be on time” I feigned anger.
“ Well today is special I guess, so I was getting prepared you know?” I couldn’t help but smile. He pressed my wrists. I guess I blushed too much. He held the part of my cheek that protruded out of my knee-tent.
I guess I need to practise more. He won. It is time to lose me. I lifted my head, I guess he saw the love in my eyes, I felt the same passion in his touch.

“I love you Mrs Veena” he said, I know this is his abracadabra when I am angry.
“No” I said “ just Mrs Sukhinder”. I couldn’t pretend more. I hugged him tight and rested in the place where I could hear his heart chant my name. Time passed like tortoise and I loved every passing second or must I say that I lived in every passing second. If this is how my future is to be, I must say “THANK YOU GOD”. Tears slipped and I had wet his shirt before I knew. He held my face in his right hand and flicked those tears with his finger. “baby I never thought that I would break my promise on the first day” he flashed a smile.
“You know how to win me don’t you?” I said to him wiping my tears and going back to his chest “these are happy tears honey”. He simply said a “Hmmm”, when he says that it means that he is in a mood to listen and do things for me. I see a chance to go for it now. “Will you do whatever I ask from you now hubby” I asked him. He put my head on the pillow and stroked my hair off my forehead.

“Yes I will” he said and planted a gentle kiss on my forehead.
This is it, go for it, my heart told. “Sukhi, you have promised me, I want to wear your uniform now, pleeeaaaaase” He fell for the trap, this was one thing I always wanted to do but this patriotic officer never allowed me to wear it.
“Hey cheater” he said “this is cheating”  and he rose in a moment and began backing off towards the cupboard to save his uniform.
 “You promised this, your wife’s first wish!” I guess the word wife worked wonders and I hope it always does. In a minute I was wearing his WHITE Mig 21 fighter pilot uniform. I kissed his name plate on the shirt. He was mine, wherever he might be.  
“Happy now?” he asked.
“Soooooooo happy “ I said and hugged him tightly.

“ Now it is my turn” he said advancing towards me and held my face.
“Yes whatever you wish for” I said “ and please don't be late” I closed my eyes and I thought that this was the time I was always dreaming of, to be in his arms day in and day out, to breathe his breath and make his fragrance my perfume. I heard a knock. I FORGOT MILK!  Aunty told that so many times. He was already attending to the door. I saw aunty crying and asking him not to do something.  He was adamant against her wish. He turned back with a pale face and it finally dawned on me, every officer’s wife’s worst nightmare.
  
               He gave me a briefing but I only heard the words “I have to go”. He did not even turn back to see me, this deserves a fight, my heart told. I was weeping. I wanted to cry badly so I hid my face between my knees and started to sob. I felt an all familiar touch again. I looked at who it was with my eyes. IT WAS HIM. My joy was unbound; I hugged him tightly and cried loudly.
“ You did not even turn back to see me” I punched his chest “ don’t touch me, go away” I pushed him back.
There was no emotion in his eyes, he was so cold.
“MY SHIRT Veena” he said and it finally dawned on me.
I guess life is like that, little love and lot of longing. See you prince, oops husband; fight well for your country now and your wife will live and wait to fight with you another day, my heart bade farewell.

   

© 2013 Monish


Author's Note

Monish
ignore grammatical blunders please.. editing is so boring

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

but grammatical mistakes are more annoying:(...please edit your story..it will sell for whatever you have written minus those petty mistyped words...good write (with exception to grammar)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Monish

11 Years Ago

Thank you Ganga.. I'll look into it.. Thanks for readin
ganga ramesh

11 Years Ago

welcome:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Added on March 10, 2013
Last Updated on March 10, 2013

Author

Monish
Monish

Chennai, India



About
22 years old. Engineer by profession, writing is an indulgence. Wanna be alchemist who believes that the philosopher is more precious than the stone. Words never fail me, women do!!! more..