ch 1

ch 1

A Chapter by Moondustmelodies
"

Slightly inspired from Slenderman, though she's not evil or anything. She can be scary when she wants to be, though >:)

"
Rust covered train tracks went on for miles ahead, far away from any town or city. It was out in the middle of nowhere, green meadows speckled with blue flowers all around. The crystal clear sky whispered with stars coming from the late twilight, the moon starting to peep from the low mountains far off. There was a warm early Summer breeze blowing, sending electric chills down a certain girl's spine. She stood on the grass, letting the scenery sink deep inside her memory. A wide white grin stuck to her face, a great contrast to the completely pitch black clothing and long flowing hair in pigtails. A coat of equal black not made entirely solid swayed around her, the soft fabric turning to shadow and mist as she walked, leaving a quickly leaving trail of dark smoke. She was Night, she was an element of darkness itself. She was never let people see her, the shadows were enough to conceal her. Of course, on occasion she, being much a trickster, enjoyed sneaking around people, angry people that is, and watching their nervous faces as they looked around to see if someone was watching them. They never saw her, She could bend and twist the darkness around her and from herself to create any kind of blanket. The nighttime was hers, her own time. She laughed deeply, though to anyone else it would sound like a sudden rush of wind. Every fiber inside her felt alive, more than usual. Something just felt energetic in air, coursing through her and filling her with the need to travel far. Without a single other thought, the unbearable urge took over and she lept into the air. Her hands outstretched and feeling the clouds that she soon reached. She went high up till the sights down below looked like pebbles. Then, letting the familiar cool air of the sky take over, she became competely still, the wind carrying her slowly down. The town she went to the most was in view, she wondered what fun little things they were doing today. Gliding to a rooftop, taking a stop, she jumped down without a sound to the street. All around were cars, some driving to get home, some traveling through the night. There were a few people, it was about 10:00pm by then, so stores were beginning to close. She picked out a business man coming out of a big building, planning her usual tricks. Sneaking behind him, then coming close to his ear, she whispered " Hello." Just as they always did, he immediately looked startled and turned to see who was behind him. The dark was perfect to conceal her tonight, so he saw merely a shadow. He looked confused, but then began walking again. She laughed slightly, under her breath. She jumped onto a small house's rooftop, then stepped onto a passing wind to travel where ever she pleased. Passing by houses and towns until she came upon a familiar house. In this house lived a one of her favorite humans, a 13 year old girl the same age as her who loved to stargaze. Night became boring once just about everyone had gone to sleep, and if she went out in the day, it was a bother to hide so much. The darkness was not too much to see the people's expressions as she sneaked around and startled them, yet not too little to have to move with the darkness to keep from being seen. People usually were too caught up in their work to even need to hide. But this girl had eyes that watched for small, unnoticeable things. It was sometimes hard to hide from her. She eventually decided it was better just to watch the stars by her rather than scare her. She didn't even have funny scared expression like the other people. Gliding from the wind, she slowly came down to sit on her rooftop, being careful not to make even the slightest sound. The girl was watching from the window, it being the only one to the upstairs. The was apparently poor, her cloths were plain, her house was small, and she looked rather thin, though whenever she glanced in her downstairs window, she looked to be eating all she was served. Although, it didn't surprise her to find that she wasn't given much to eat it the first place. Over the time that she had hung around, she had watched her get shouted at by her father when he came home from work, most of the time drunk. She got angry when he treated her that way, and she often took his attention away by tipping over something in another room or sucking the light right out of the light bulb overhead, so he had to go and find a new one, but when he came back, the light was back on, and by that time the girl had already gone upstairs. Among the time she had spent going there, she had heard her father call her Nellie. She was the closest thing she had to a friend, even though Nellie had no idea she even existed. It made her feel almost like a real person when she could be around her. Even if she couldn't talk, she much enjoyed hearing the other girl talk. One of the things that she liked about the girl that separated her from other people was her bravery and kindness. When Night came out during the day, though it was a bit harder to bend the darkness to hide, she would go to school with Nellie, where other children bullied her. Being already quite a trickster, she had fun doing things like ripping up the homework that they had or tying their shoe strings together. On occasion, she would even show herself to one of them when they were alone, making sure her eyes glowed red, sending the bully running for help, which, of course made him or her look crazy since she immediately hid in the shadows. Even on the times where Night couldn't help Nellie, she treated the others with respect and when her father shouted at her, she just stared with no fear in her eyes. Night admired , and in the times she was in, it was hard to find a person with much of it. Tonight Nellie was trying to watch the stars, but seemed bothered about something. Night looked up, and seeing that clouds were beginning to form, she got up without making a sound and jumped into the air, behind the clouds. There was another girl a bit younger than Night who was the element of wind, Isabelle, silver haired and blue eyed. She was completely invisible to humans as Night was, and could only be seen by Night and the other ones made of elements. She wore a puffy white dress that went to her knees  and had no shoes. She was often relaxed and happy, though whenever greeted by someone, would immediately become cheery and bouncy. 
"What brings you here, Night?" she said jumping up from her seat made of cloud. "I need you to blow these clouds away, I want to see the stars tonight." "Aww, but I was hoping we maybe would even get a storm." she pouted. "Afraid you'll have to wait for that." Night said with a smirk. "Come on, just for a little while, then you can let it storm all you like." she glared "Storms aren't that easy to make, it takes hours of speeding for miles just to gather up enough clouds, and even then there's no garentee it will work, cause' I'm still too young to go very far before having to rest." Night just stared with a smirk. "Arg, ok fine!" she said still glaring " But next time I'm going to let it storm a ton!" Night chuckled "Deal." she smiled and Isabelle started smiling again too. "See ya then!" she said waving. "you too." Night said, then soared down from the sky to watch the clouds get blown away.  After a few minutes the sky was cleared once again, but Nellie had closed her window. Night came to the window and saw Nellie reading a book, one she had read time after time and Night knew it was really the only book she had to read, since she didn't have enough money for any others and her father would get angry if she asked for another one. Night slowly brought in a handful of darkness and carefully, so Nellie wouldn't see, slid it under the crack in the window. Sliding it slowly across the floor while Nellie had her head behind the book, it slithered a cross the carpet, until it came to her lamp, which was the only thing lighting the room. She bender the darkness so that it quickly, soundlessly covered the light inside it with a blanket of black, sending the room into darkness. Nellie looked around and then noticed that the room wasn`t completely dark. The moon lit the room with enough light to see, and Nellie got up from her sitting position and went to the window. "Yes!" She whispered with a smile. She went to her stairs and ran down, grabbing her binoculars and went outside to look at the stars. "Wow, not even a cloud" she whispered. Night had watched the whole thing on another rooftop, just to make sure she wasn't seen. She laughed and jumped on a passing breeze, then lifted herself up to return to her world. she thought it was about time to visit the people of her kind, in the land where the people were like her, elements of darkness. >


© 2013 Moondustmelodies


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
Added on June 21, 2013
Last Updated on June 21, 2013
Tags: night, nighttime, day, girl, girls, dark, black, star, moon, light, train, whisper, voice, laugh


Author

Moondustmelodies
Moondustmelodies

About
I write lot of stuff, small stories, poems and short things like that. I might make a book with more more than 1 chapters, but only if I get hooked on the plot. I love fantasy, horror, fiction, crime.. more..

Writing