Illusions of Paradise

Illusions of Paradise

A Story by MoriartyMesa
"

An open thought of Writer's Cafe. Oh yes some one will be pissed off.

"
In many parts of the world, the idea of a public hanging is not only popular. But it has a greater effect when nailed with public opinion and thought, some will argue against, others will be in favor the grab a rope and tie the knot themselves.  However, what is not too popular is what some would consider social open dialog and maybe even a little off sides. Now I am the sort of jerk that has never really courted public opinion, in my view, the great mass tends to be selfish with random flashes of moral and social outrage (generally on a topic that does not personally effect them, but there is nothing wrong with showing the colors, what!).  This as any other social network can be used for various things; secret messages, rights of free thinking, diamonds in the literary rough waiting to be discovered. 
All of that is great and good, but there are those whom feel a need to begin a conflict, write something for the outrage and stat count of the author, or someone that just needs to reply to ever single slight comment on their world/work. 
And this leads me to the entire reason I began writting this stupid bit of bullshit. What the s**t do authors need to respond to every single comment? Recently, I was called out on something I had written (Yes HIGH, jeeze!) on a poem of a faint tune I had remembered from childhood. Once looking at the links, I felt like a total tool. I pulled the work, had a drink or 4 to feel better and than thought. If I had made the attempt to try to respond with 'Oh Man I totally didn't mean to do that' I would have looked like a total fool. So being a brave fool I choice to say I fucked up on my own terms (now, sort of). 
But in recent month's if not the last sixteen months. The need to comment on one's own work, seem's a little too much for me. I know I am guilty of it and spent two days arguing with someone who was just looking to pick a fight for the hell of it. So I have come to a new leaf for the new year, I refuse to comment (via review reply) on my own work. I am opening myself up to something I actually want.
BRUTAL HONESTY!
Not someone looking to pick fight for giggles (cause why waste one another's time right?) or people who google something in order to sound brilliant or condescending in a review. Thumbs up or down works for me, very Roman, but I stick with the classics. 
In my closing words to my fellow writer's,  take it easy. Not everything we crank out will be the next Bible, Gone with the wind, or Bro Guide by Barney. 
And yes, I was baked while writing this.

© 2013 MoriartyMesa


Author's Note

MoriartyMesa

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on January 14, 2013
Last Updated on January 14, 2013
Tags: critical thought, open minded thoughts, you may consider bullshit, what ever happened to hostess?

Author

MoriartyMesa
MoriartyMesa

GONZOLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!, CA



About
I am back! And in the word's of someone i met at a bus station. I cant remember. more..

Writing