Ms. J in Poke-a-dots, diamonds and pencil boxes

Ms. J in Poke-a-dots, diamonds and pencil boxes

A Story by MoriartyMesa
"

And now a brand new adventure of America's Super Teacher Spy, Ms. Jones. Along with her Atomic Powered Kitty Kats, she fights a never ending battle of TRUTH, JUSTICE AND TARDY CHILDREN

"
Another fine day at Sunny Valley Hill Elementary, while our lady of Poke-a-dots and 4th grade elementary is in the middle of a bit of a mystery and a mystery non too foul. "Now I am only going to ask you children once and I am going to be very civil when I ask, whom took, little Billy Ben Brewster pencil box?" Ms. Jones none to pleased one of her little pee-wee detectives loves might have done something a not so nice trick on one of her kiddo's. Slowly looking up and down the isles of the class room, everyone was as silent as church mice, even Laura Loud-Horn, who could be as loud as any child could be, kept her eyes on her desk and her hands folded. Walter William Wilson, who also managed to have a chocolate bar on hand, had kept his eyes on his desk, and sticky-chocolate covered hands folded. At the front of the room, the class room mascot cats, Sherman and Sammie, were watching in a curious debate, "Say Sherman, what, do, um, wait, wait, um, wait," Sammie struggled for the right words, as the more elegant Sherman sat on his paws watching his goof ball partner complete his thought. "yep, I remember, yep, um, what who you suppose took the little one's pencil Box?" he finally said in his hilly-billy manner. "Well" Sherman retorted as he cleaned his ear's in the most elegant manner possible, "I would say the one whom took young Master Brewster's pencil box, may have committed a foul deed" Sammie jumped up and down in a great excitement, "Like in baseball when the picture scores a touch down, or foul deed like telling a fib that you no ain't true!" With wide eyes that turned to a smile, " 'Is not true' and yes, it is a foul deed, but if one apologizes, if one makes emends, than the 'slate can be cleaned' so to speak, remember my dear Samuel, Honesty is The Best Policy." "I cleaned a slate once with my tail?" Sammie repliled, not quite understanding Sherman s meaning, but Sammie knew the difference between a fib and a lie. Lies could sometimes get people into trouble, lies could even hurt people, and Sammie just wanted people to be as happy as he was, which always means telling the truth.  
Just than, a flash of the blue globe at the back of the class started to blink, the class mascots and scram on top Ms. J's desk and proceeded to put on a tap dance show in order to distract her students. "Say Sammie, I got a joke for you?" the long chubby cat said in a smug cockney accent, "Umm, wait wait, dont tell me" Sammie was the squirt of the pair and not so fast on the up chuck. The children laughing over the two silly kitty cats as Ms. J hurried to the back of the glass to see what was a foot with the glowing globe. A small ticker tape started to flow from the top of the globe, and the message was Top Secret.

Attention Ms.J, Diamond Heist in progress down town, Police suspect a gang of hoodlums are holding hostages. Please help.

Signed,
Uncle Sam

"Listen Kids, I have to run down town, for, flowers, yes nice Ebb Tide roses. Won't they be nice? Now I am going to leave, Professors Sherman and Sammie in charge while I'm away." Pulling up the map covering the chalk board had been twenty-five math problems, some where, Multiplication, some where Fractions, some where even Decimals. In a groan and shrug the children removed their papers and pencils and began to write down the problems. "Now children, I expect you to have these all finished by the time I get back, and if you all do really, really, well, than you can have some of my boyfriend Stanly's home made cup cakes."  Some children smiled, some squirmed, some licked their lips, and some even tried to rush through the math problems in hopes Ms. J had one of those Magic Cup Cakes. Belly's crumbled, pencils flew, and Professors Sherman and Sammie smiled as all the children seemed to be on their best behavior.
 
In a dash of Poke-a-dots and curls, Ms. J flew out the door to stop a group of No Good Hoodlums from doing any more damage. But the class room had exploded in excitement as papers from the students flew into the air like snow flakes. "I bet there covered on Chocolate, Coconuts, Jelly Beans, Gum Drops and French Fries" Tiny Tony Thompson said licking his lips as all the children started to imagine shout their guesses of those famous cup cakes. "No, they will be pink, and sparkly, and pretty, and covered in Pink Sugar", Paula Pinkerton said as sure as the sky was blue and filled with diamonds. The slightly nervous cats felt they had nine feet long tails in a room covered in rocking chairs, "Now Class, orderly now, orderly, we do not wish to behave like a group of monkey's in the Zoo, but civilized adults." Sherman jumped to the front desk, where one of Ms. J's children had began to throw a paper air plane. "gee, I don't see why we gotta behave, just cause Ms. J step out." said another little boy in the second row of desks, "yea, we wanna have fun and tell funny jokes and stories, I ain't see no reason to learn this stuff anyway?" Sammie jumped from desk to desk to Big Bruce Brighton, who folded his arms. "But how you gonna know, how many feet there are in a mile, how much something costs, or how many bottles of milk your milkman leaves out?" Sammie had that puzzled look on his face, "Nah!" said the boy with folded arms, "that stuff ain't fun. I wanna make candy all day" Sammie jumped on top of the boy's head, "ain't fun? why that;s just about the silliest thing I ever heard, and I've heard a lot of silly things." But the boy with the folded arms could not be moved, "I suppose this young man feels he is too smart for the test" the boy with the folded arms grin slightly as Sherman waved his tail in the air, "yep, that must be it, too bad, he don't want to prove it".

The children watched as the cats jumped from desk to desk, "What about you, Susie Simenon, you think math is fun?" "Why yes I do, I mean, if I didn't know how to add or subtract, why, I could never get any of my home work done." Susie said in as Sherman jumped to the desk of another little boy, "and yourself?" "Well, my pop's an accountant, why if he didn't know Decimal points, his boss would get awful mad and maybe even loose money and stuff" Barney Bingo said as he study the chalk board and his papers. "My daddy is a candy maker and if his math is wrong, his candy tastes bad." A little girl said smiling at the boy with the folded arms, and with that the boy jumped to the problems as Sherman smiled, the thoughts of candy running through the boys mind. Sammie caught one small boy trying to look at another girls paper. "Say, cheatin, ain't gonna help, cause you got to know the answers yourself, other wise it's just a big fib." Than Sammie's mind went back to Little Bill Brewster missing pencil box and with a devilish grin he hopped to Sherman and gave a sideways wink, which is the only wink clever cats know. "Say, um, Professor Sherman, what do you suppose will happen if Ms. J learns one of these boys tried to cheat?" Sherman glowed at the question as they made their way around the desks making sure all the boys and girls were doing their work.

"Well, it depends you know, I am sure they will only get a life sentence." Sherman said as one small girl took notice of the talking cats, "Gee, a Life Sentence, I suppose thats about only half the time Pencil Box thieves?"  The children began to mumble to one another, "gee, thats like a million years" Bobby Belmont said in a shutter and chill in his voice. "Yes, that might be right, if someone lived to be five hundred years old", said the boy with the folded arms, "but my grampa is almost 84 years old, so a life sentence for him would be 168 years in The Big House". The two stand in feline Professors began to look around the class as other children began to adding and subtracting the age of the folded arm boy's grand father. Than with out notice, word, sign or movement, Lacy Long stood up infront of her class mates. "I dont want to spend 168 years in jail!' In a display of honesty and maturity, she handed Little Billy Brewster his pencil box, "I'm awfully sorry, Billy, i guess Professor Sammie is right, 'honesty really is the best policy' can you forgive me for being an awful crumb bum?" She asked in Billy, "Billy, when someone admits they have done wrong, the polite thing to do is to shake hands and forgive them". Sammie jumped over to Billy and looked at him, "people make mistakes, but it takes a big man to forgive them" and with a smile and nod, Billy and Lacy shook hands.

Just than, Ms. J came walking in, flowers in one hand, cup cakes in the other, and a the thanks from the Chief. "Well, children, you completed your questions, but I am sorry to say I only have eight cupcakes and there are thrity-two of you. What shall I do?" Than from the back of the class, the boy with the folded arms, raised his arm, "Ms. J, if you cut them into fours, than each one of us will get one forth cup cake."  A pleasant smile from Ms. J, "Really?" Sherman and Sammie gave each other a side ways wink, which is the only wink clever cats give one another. And when Ms. J had finished serving the last of the cup cakes, Sammie curled up below her desk and whispered to a sleep Sherman, "I wonder what kind of adventure had?" Sherman, eye's closed smiled, "Not half the adventure we had my dear chap".




© 2012 MoriartyMesa


Author's Note

MoriartyMesa
First real true attempt for something children may laugh to.



YES COMPLETELY OFF THE NORM FOR ME

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on April 29, 2012
Last Updated on May 11, 2012

Author

MoriartyMesa
MoriartyMesa

GONZOLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!, CA



About
I am back! And in the word's of someone i met at a bus station. I cant remember. more..

Writing