The Deadly Picnic

The Deadly Picnic

A Story by Cassiopia Summers
"

Just a Forensics assignment

"

The Deadly Picnic

            There was a knock at the door, and I was suddenly terrified. It’s the Police! They’re here to take me away, because they’ve found Gaven’s body.

“Elaine, it’s the police. We need to speak with you,” a muffled voice said. My heart sank, and I knew it was over.

I opened the door to look in the faces of the men who were here to take me away. The open door revealed a young detective, in his early thirties, and an experienced man, around fifty. I could tell he was experienced because he gave off this feeling of seniority. He knew what he was doing.

“Elaine, we’d like to ask you some simple questions,” they stated, “may we come in?”

“Of course, but I must insist you tell me what this is about,” I retorted.

“We’re here on a tip that you were out with Mr. Brooks the night of his demise,” they paused, “is this true?”

“Y-y-yes,” I stammered.

“Well, if that’s so,” the younger detective began, “we’d like to take you down to the station for further questioning.”

“Fine,” I replied.

*********************************************************************************************

I was sitting in a solitary room. No windows, just four blank walls, a door, a metal table, and three extremely uncomfortable chairs. The two detectives came in while I was surveying the room. They sat down quietly and looked me in the eyes.

“We want you to tell us what happened between you and Mr. Brooks on Friday night,” stated the young detective.

“What do I get out of this,” I replied.

“You’ll get a plea bargain and less time you’ll have to serve,” said the old timer.

“Alright,” I began, “I’ll cooperate.”

*********************************************************************************************

He picked me up at seven Friday night. He said I had to close my eyes because he had a surprise for me. So we drove for thirty minutes and he took me to the field of daisies, he knows I love them because they’re my favorite flower, and said we were going to have a picnic. He set up the blanket and the food while I surveyed the area. I noticed we were some miles out of town because there were no city lights shining around us and we could see the stars. He put his cigarette out and threw the butt somewhere at the end of the blanket. We ate some food, but I was growing restless. I knew what I had to do; I just didn’t know when to do it. I figured the sooner I got it done the better. So I stood up quickly and started yelling at him. I asked him about the other girls he was dating and how long it had been going on. He told me he had no idea what I was talking about and that’s when I did it. My anger took over and I shot him. I took his car downtown, and then I went to my apartment. I knew it was just a matter of time before you guys showed up at my place.

*********************************************************************************************

“And that’s how it happened,” I said, “That was the end to Gaven’s life.”

 

© 2011 Cassiopia Summers


Author's Note

Cassiopia Summers
This was just an assignment for my Forensics class. Hope you enjoyed it.
Although I will be editing it soon by adding more details and what not. Tell me what you think so far. (:

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it. It could use a little work but I like the feel of it. Forensics huh that's pretty cool.

Posted 12 Years Ago


It could definitely use more detail; I was itching from the sense of an unfinished story.us But this is delightful so far.us As for the bit about the cigarette and blanket, I like it; it makes it seem a lot more realistic to me, it could even be made to sound weirdly romantic if certain things are added. Keep 'em coming Cassi!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Tim
Good writing but I would agree with the others about details.
"He put his cigarette out and threw the butt somewhere at the end of the blanket" sounds extreamly unromantic to me. Just my opinion though. I'd also like to see the end results.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the story idea but would love to see it with the details... so please post it when done editing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love how you ended it with "Thats how Gavin's life came to an end." (: But could you not making all the words in caps? Its a little hard to read. I think you did a nice job on it. (:

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4381 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 10, 2011
Last Updated on January 10, 2011
Tags: death, picnic, shooting, investigators, questions, girls

Author

Cassiopia Summers
Cassiopia Summers

Tucson, AZ



About
Lets get to know each other. :) To start, I think music reveals to us the person within, so here are some of my favorite songs because of their lyrics. Sixx A.M. - Skin Paramore - The Only Ex.. more..

Writing