The Shy Death Cult

The Shy Death Cult

A Story by MusicHack
"

Very gory. Do not read if you do not like gore.

"

 

I stared down at my face.  Not my skin face, but my mask.  On the inside, it had black sharpie reading: 'Property of the Shy Death Cult'.  The Shy Death Cult.  Our story is one that mothers whispered to their children to scare them into doing things.  To get in, you didn't ask.  You were chosen; your name stripped away, your alias, your face, your whole past up until they recruited you.  It was join or die.  Tonight was the big night.  October 31st, 2008.  Our target was the whole city of Tria.

I pushed my long, curly red hair behind my ear and pressed the mask to my face.  My long black cloak flowed out behind me like a flag.  It was battered and torn at the edges, showing that you had a history.  My deep green eyes were disguised with an odd purple contact that blurred my vision only slightly. 

I looked over at my comrades, Heart, Star, Pyre, Flower, Cell, and Alien.  They were at their positions: the tallest buildings.  Heart was the leader-her name reflected that she had none; Star because she could jump the highest; Pyre because she was a fire-dancer; Flower because she was the most graceful; Cell because of her big brain; and Alien because she was the fastest.  I was Tear, because I was the strongest.  Our masks resembled our names:  Heart had one big black heart covering most of her forehead and one eye; Star was the same, she had a star instead; Fire had black marks all over her mask; Flower had a black rose on her left cheek; Cell had black horizontal stripes all down her face; Alien had green and black checkers all over; but I had the most unique.  Mine was completely white, except for a black line down the exact center and on my left eye; it looked like I was crying blood and mascara.  My knee-high boots didn’t pull at me like I thought they would’ve, instead, they fit perfectly.  I was wearing a black, long-sleeved, turtle-neck dress that came down to half of my thigh and black gloves with black spandex pants under it-a true Shy Death suit. 

I looked for Heart, who was the farthest from me.  She was breathing deeply through our radio system, demanding our attention.  I turned my masked face to hers.  She stood without making any noise and put her foot on the first of her corpses.  We mimicked her perfectly, standing without making a noise and got ready to push our corpses off.  She gave us the sign; tapping the top of her head three times.  We all pushed our first corpse off the building. 

That had been the hardest part: preserving the corpses so their skin was still blue, their eyes still dilated and their nooses still bloody.  Luckily, we had Cell on our side, so the calculations weren't completely impossible.  As my first corpse fell, I watched as the un-knowing civilians walked about on their Halloween nights.

I don't know exactly why Heart chose Halloween.  Tomorrow, it would be murder to clean up this mess, but Tria would be ours.  I smiled underneath the mask and pushed my second one over in suit with the others.  I followed the others as they pushed theirs off.  Tonight would be the most horrifying night Tria'd ever seen.  It would also be my first act as a Shy Death.  I smiled even wider.

"Take it easy, Tear.  Apathy is the only emotion I want to see from you tonight." Heart chided, making the others scoff.  I pursed my lips to keep my smiles to myself. 

"Yes, Heart." I said in a dead monotone.  Apathy, yes.  I would have to work on that.  The Shy Death Cult was not known for their smiles. 

"All right everyone.  Are the explosives ready, Pyre?" Heart demanded.

"Yes, Heart.  All ready and accounted for." She answered.

"Good.  Wait for me to tell you."

"Yes, Heart.  Should I be expecting a sign?"

"No, Pyre.  I will tell you."

"Yes, Heart."

"Cell, what’s the barometric pressure?"

"Perfect.  Just as I expected."

"Good.  Get ready to descend."

I tensed myself to jump, bending my knees and holding out my arms.

"Go."

I pushed up and forward, holding a corpse.  The free-fall from the twenty-seventh floor would've completely terrified me if I'd done it without Shy Death training.  Now, I laughed at it.  We'd go free-fall from 20,000 feet without any parachutes; only our cloaks, which were made from the same material that parachutes were.  I held the edge and spread it like a parachute to slow my fall.  By now, people were looking up at us, screaming at the corpses and at us.  I suppressed a smile as I landed and threw my corpse-a little boy-at the nearest family and ran.  I ran to my partner, Pyre, and put my hands in the form of a platform and held them out for her.  She ran at me and jumped into my platform.  I threw her up right as she jumped, adding to her height.  She threw down another corpse to me and ran away.  I ran the opposite way, looking for Alien.  She was supposed to be here by now.  I heard police sirens in the distance, so I ran to them. 

The police didn't worry me anymore.  Nothing worried me.  That was the beauty of being a part of the Cult.  All your worries, feelings, everything that would weigh you down, poof.  Gone.  I kept my face apathetic as I smiled inside.  I was still towing the corpse with me when the SWAT team arrived.  I threw it face-down on the windshield and kept running past them.  I looked around for Alien, who was finishing welding fifty people in a dance studio and filling it with water.  She nodded to me and ran past.  I watched as the people inside started to float up.  When finally a blue face, frozen in a screaming position, came to the window, I broke the glass open and let them wash out into the street.  I looked for Flower, who was coming up; slicing people open on her way.  She held her dagger facing outward in her right hand, just making a perfect line.  When she reached me, we gathered up corpses and ran to an alleyway with them, immediately slicing off their limbs and gutting them.  It didn't surprise me that this didn't gross me out.  We handled them like they were fish and dumped all their guts into a bucket.  I pulled the bucket up and towed it next to me as we both ran to the sewage river.  I poured the entrails into it as Flower did the same.  We wouldn't want to leave the loved ones at home out, would we?  I threw the bucket in and we were off again.  Flower and I made three trips in all with the buckets, dumping them into the sewage.

It didn't surprise me that we had most of the city already, even though we'd already started. 

"Tear." Heart's voice came in clear, despite the chaos.

"Yes, Heart?"

"SWAT.  Take care of them."

"Yes, Heart." I said, running in the opposite direction.  Flower didn't run after me; she had heard exactly what I did. 

Pyre had been here; I could tell.  There was fire raging in the streets.  I hid my glee.  Fire meant that I we could appear like ghosts.  I ran through the maze to where the SWAT teams were trying in vain to put the fire out.  I stopped short, pulling out a pistol and pointing it at them. 

"There one is!" One screamed, pointing at me.  Luckily for me, my reflexes were faster than theirs, so five of them were dead before they could pull out their guns.  I finished the men off first, looking to the two women in the van.  They were staring at me like I was a demon, so I walked forward.

"Tear, what are you doing?" Heart demanded.

"Just causing more chaos, Heart.  Having fun." I said in a monotone.

I heard her sigh.

"Go ahead.  Ask me first next time."

"Thank you, Heart." I said, glaring at the two women intently.  Before they could regain their composure, I pulled them out, throwing them against the windows.  They screamed at me, calling me a demon.  I threw one down on the ground, stepping on her stomach, breaking through her bulletproof vest, pinning her down while I decapitated the other one.  I held her head close to the other one.

"Are you scared?" I rasped, using the voice I used when I had my mask on.

She screamed as an answer.   Threw the head at her and ran away.

"The city is ours, ladies." Heart said suddenly. "Pyre, go ahead.  Everyone, meet at the city bridge." She commanded. 

At the bridge, we could see the explosives that Pyre used.  In the tallest buildings, they were all burning the name:

The Shy Death Cult.

© 2009 MusicHack


Author's Note

MusicHack
Yeah, I was in a destructive mood.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree with Dalton, It would be awesome in book formbut other wise it was really good!.


Posted 14 Years Ago


It was OK but it could have been better if it was in book form and slowed down to have a more expansive story. Yous should really think about turning this into a book and create a more advanced storyline to it this way your characters have more personality and can unfold more.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Such a chilling story. I loved it; it gave me goosebumps from start to finish. Excellent work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 27, 2009
Last Updated on April 30, 2009

Author

MusicHack
MusicHack

Delano, MN



About
Free from the bounds of reality Right in all the wrong ways Enter my mind at your own will; I cannot guarantee a way out Into the darkness of the world I am thrust No love for myself, only love fo.. more..

Writing
NYY NYY

A Book by MusicHack


NYY Part 1 NYY Part 1

A Chapter by MusicHack