When He Came...

When He Came...

A Story by Dalaina Renee
"

Just A Spookey Halloween Story! Read It If You Dare....

"

                      Fran, didn't have a date for the Fall Ball, at her high school. No guys even noticed she was alive. She got out her math book out from her locker. As she walked to her class, she saw him......

There he stood leaning aginst his locker. He wore a black leather jacket, white tee shirt, and blue jeans. He was very well in shape. He had deep brown eyes, and brown hair that was slicked back. Fran couldn't help but stare. He was breath taking. The amazing fact was he was starring back at her!! Fran's heart started to pound faster as she got closer to his locker.

                    "Hi, I am new. My name's Jake!What's yours?" Jake said as he stuck his hand out to her.

As she shook his warm friendly hand, her cheecks turned red.

                    "My name is Frannie, but everyone calls me Fran..." Fran mumbled shyly. She knew she probley already bored him. She bored most guys who knew her.

                     "Well,Frannie, nice to meet you. May I take your books and walk you to your class?" Jake asked her hopefully. Other girls around them, were eyeing Jake. They too had noticed him. It wouldn't be long when Jake would forget about her, once he met the other girls in school.

                     "Sure...." Fran said shyly. Jake took her book and notebook from her, and they walked to her class together. They began to chat, and Fran found they had alot in common. They liked the same music, loved the same food, and were getting along quite well. The next few weeks, Jake, spent all his time with Fran at school. In between classes, and at lunch. Frans friends told her how lucky she was to find a guy like Jake. But she never got to see Jake outside of school for some reason.

                 "So,Frannie....the fall ball is coming up. Would you like to be my date?"Jake asked her as he held her hand.

                 "Yes, I would love that! Pick me up at eight o'clock" Fran said as she gave him, phone number.

                 "Sorry...my car is in the shop. Can we meet at the graveyard? It's half way, and I will walk you to school" Jake asked. His brown eyes looked worried.

                 "The graveyard? Why there? It is spookey....can't we meet at my place?"Fran asked hoping Jake would change his mind.

                 "Look, I can't. Can you please meet me by the large oak tree in the grave yard? Nothing will happen. I'll protect you. I promise" He pleaded with her.

                  "Well....okay. I'll be there" She promised unsure that she liked the idea.

                   "Gosh, your a swell kid" Jake said as he kissed her on the cheeck.

                    "Swell kid?" Fran mumbled to herself as she whatched Jake leave. Oh,well, she had a date to the dance! She couldn't waite! It was a halloween party. Her grandma was giving her, the prom gown she had worn back in the 1950's. Fran was going to look so cool!!

                      That friday night, Fran got ready over at her grandmas house. She wore a vintage pink 1950's prom dress. She gazed at herself in the merror. She looked stunning. Well....at least she thought so.

                  "Frannie, when is your date picking you up?" Her grandma asked as she came into the bedroom.

                   "He's not Grandma....I am meeting him in town"Fran replied. She didn't want to tell her grandma that she was meeting Jake in the graveyard on Halloween, that would worry her.

                    "What's this fella's name, so I know who you'll be with" Her grandma questioned her.

                     "Jake" Sighed Fran happily. Her grandma gave her a tight hug. and kissed her cheeck.

                     "Jake is a lucky fella. You have to be home by eleven. Why isn't he picking you up in a car? Doesn't he have one?" Her grandma asked.

                      "Yes, but his car is in the shop right now" Fran answered. She got her purse, and began to leave. Her grandpa took a picture of her for her parents.

                      "Have fun Frannie!" Her grandpa said cheerfully.

                       "I will,Grandpa! I will!"Fran promised happily. Fran headed into town and went stright to the graveyard, liked she promised Jake she would. She soon stood underneath the old oak tree and waited for Jake. But he wasn't there, and it was now eight o'clock. The night was dark, and chilley.

Fog rolled over the hill of the gravestones. The moon shined brightly on her. She herd rustling in the bushes.

                 "Jake? Jake is that you?" She whispered trying not to be scared. She looked over at a grave in front of her. She couldn't help notice the grave stone. Jake Playton,1950 Rest In Peace.

"I Will Meet You" it read on his gravestone. A chill hit through Fran's body. She didn't want to waite around to see if Jake was going to show up. She ran all the way back to her grandma's house.

                "OH,Grandma!" She cried once she burst in the door. She hugged her grandma and trembled in fear. Her grandma hugged her tight.

                "Why, Frannie! What happend?What got into you? Did he hurt you?" Her grandma demanded to know.

                 "Do you believe in ghosts?" Fran asked her grandma.

                  "No...dear. Why?" Grandma asked her. She looked at Fran with worry.

                   "I met a ghost. Jake, was a ghost who asked me to the dance. Jake Playton. I met him at the graveyard. And there was his grave" Cried Fran. Her grandma's face turned a pale white.

                    "Did you say Jake Playton? I went to school with him years ago. We had went steady.

He was the love of my life, before I met your grandpa" Her grandma said with shock. She got out an old yearbook and showed Fran a photo of Jake. Sure enough that was Jake in the photo!

                   "What happend to Jake, grandma? How did he die?" Fran asked feeling sad for Jake. SHe knew Jake had thought she was, her grandmother. And that's why he had asked her to the dance.

                   "On prom night when he was coming to pick me up, his car stalled on the railroad tracks.

And he got hit. His door had been stuck for some time. And he hadn't gotton it fixed. I loved Jake so much. We had planned to get married after high school....."Her grandma said sadley. She showed Fran and old artical.

        Local Teen Hit

                      Jake Playton, car stalled on the rairoad tracks on prom night.

                      Girlfriend,Fran Reynolds was waiting for him to pick her up for 

                      the dance. He never got to pick her up for that dance. He and his

                      car was smashed. Funreral will be held at one on sunday at St.Mary's.

                      Friends and family are in mouring of this wonderful young man's death.

                      Jake will be missed.

                  

                       "Oh, grandma that is awful.....I had no idea. I always thought that grandpa had been the only one that you had ever loved" Fran said as she hugged her grandma. She too felt like she had lost Jake. He was nice too her.

                        "Don't worry about me. Go to the dance. Have fun. Maybe you meet a guy who's alieve this time!" Her grandma laughed as she brushed away a tear. Fran decided to go to the dance.

Her grandpa dropped her off at the school. She got there just in time for the last dance.

No one asked her. They all had paired off. Fran stood by the treats and sipped on some punch.

                      "Frannie, where were you? I waited for you? Are you mad at me?" Jake voice said suddenly, as he came out from a pile of balloons. Fran spit out her punch.

                      "Jake? I came and you weren't there so I came here" Fran replied trying not to be frightend. She knew Jake was nice, and wouldn't hurt her.

                     "Well, would you care to dance the last dance, of the night with me?" Jake asked hopefully as he held out his hand to her.

                       "Sure, Jake" Fran said taking his hand. Maybe if she danced with him, his spirit would be at rest. She knew that he must miss her grandmother alot. Jake led her on the dance floor, and held her close. She rested her head on his shouldar.

                       "Frannie?" Jake asked suddenly as they danced.

                       "Yes, Jake?" Fran asked back.

                       "I love you. I am sorry, I was late" Jake replied.

                        "It's okay....I love you too" Fran replied back. Jake was a great guy. Too bad he wouldn't be around any more, Fran thought to herself. Once that dance stopped. Jake lifted her face up to look at him

                         "Frannie, I have to go now.....I don't know when I'll be back. But know that I love you...." Jake mumered to Fran with tears in his eyes as he bent his head down and kissed her, on the lips. It was a wonderful soft, kiss.

                          "I love you too. I'll miss you " Fran replied back after the kiss was over. Fran almsot wish that Jake loved her, not her grandmother. Jake let go of her and began to walk out of the gym.

                          "Good-bye, Frannie" Jake said one last time.

                           "Good-bye, Jake" called out Fran, as she felt tears come to her eyes. And that was the last time she ever saw Jake again. Except for when she and her, Grandmother visited his grave every halloween.

 

                              The

                               End

                 

© 2008 Dalaina Renee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What a great story, so different from the usual Hallowe'en tales. This has a heart, isn't scary and is just delightful.

Few spelling/punctuation mistakes, but doesn't matter because they dont distract one little bit.

Thank you for posting such a sweet ghost story... it's going into Favourites. :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Awe! This was absolutely adorable!

Definitely different and very enjoyable. :]

Well done!

Always,
-Aurelia Mirella

p.s.- I forgot to mention...I was born on Halloween. :]

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful story. Congratulations on your win!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very cleaver!

Posted 15 Years Ago


wow, that was really refreshing. At first when you said it was a Halloween tale, I didn't want to read it because I hate scary tales, but that was sweet and loving. Excellent job. Very well written

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A lovely change from the "usual" scary Halloween theme.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a great story, so different from the usual Hallowe'en tales. This has a heart, isn't scary and is just delightful.

Few spelling/punctuation mistakes, but doesn't matter because they dont distract one little bit.

Thank you for posting such a sweet ghost story... it's going into Favourites. :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hope you all like this!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 18, 2008

Author

Dalaina Renee
Dalaina Renee

MI



About
Welcome to my page! My name is, Dalaina Renee. I am a 32 yr old single mother of two little men. Whom I love with all of my heart. When I have free time I love to write. I love to write poems,short s.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A Musing of Me A Musing of Me

A Poem by ...


Fatherland Fatherland

A Poem by Bubo