Reach

Reach

A Story by Nea
"

Sometimes even when we know what we're doing, it doesn't help dissuade it.

"

It is when he reached for her that she was no longer there. He turned, and turned, searching for her. It would not matter as she was no longer there. She would never again be within his reach. The thoughts entered his mind, but he refused them. He would not accept this reality; it did not matter how true it was.

He reached out and saw her. She had her back to him standing still. Again, he reached for her. She did not disappear this time, but he could not reach her. He could feel the air between the tips of his fingers and her back. They were so close. If he could only brush her, he knew his worries would vanish and he could feel calm again.

She began to walk from him. He called out to her, but no sound escaped him.

He reached further, as far as he could. Until a pain rose from his shoulder. His arm fell limp to his side and he fell to his knees staring after her. Until finally, she was gone.




And, he was alone.




He jolts awake from his sleep, reaching up with his hand to wipe the tears that trail down his face. He looks to see her. Still there. Within reach. He hugs her and closes his eyes. Comfort washes over him and his heart no longer races in fear. She is here.

More tears fall from his closed eyes and he reaches his hand up once more to wipe them away. He hugs her tighter and tries to ignore the tears. Knowing that the tighter he holds her, the further she walks away.

© 2018 Nea


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
Added on July 1, 2018
Last Updated on July 1, 2018
Tags: romance, sad, dreaming, couple, relationship

Author

Nea
Nea

About
Just another person that likes to write. I do most of it over on my deviantart as of now, so if any of my writing interests you, please check it out. more..

Writing
If. If.

A Story by Nea