Because Age Does Not Proves Maturity!

Because Age Does Not Proves Maturity!

A Story by Neel Preet
"

"Because Age Does Not Proves Maturity!" is a short story written with a humorous note & conveys it's message in a satirical manner. This story highlights the relationship of a mother and a daughter.

"

Navya's mother is a far too confident woman but she used to live in a belief where she assumed that all the steps taken by her are possibly the most accurate steps that a human can take. Well, it does not end here moreover she also used believe that her 17 years old daughter is still a kid who understands nothing and cannot take a decision on her own. "See when you don't know a thing it's better to learn it rather than to keep arguing" is Navya's mother favorite sentence which she used to keep on saying repeatedly even when Navya used to talk sense. But one day something very dramatic happened after which Navya's mother never ever uttered her favorite sentence even once.

 

This great belief of Navya's mother often resulted in creating a tension between the mother and daughter. The extreme thing happened once on a Saturday morning in the streets of Patna when the mother and daughter went out on a ride on their Jeep. Navya's mother woke up her young daughter as she wanted to drive the Jeep which she used to do a lot during her college days so to have a company for the ride Navya too came along. Both of them sat on the Jeep and with much of the excitement Navya's brave mother accelerated the Jeep with storm while Navya was just beside her mom sitting frightened but was quite out of the fear that if she would say anything then her mother would repeat her same favorite sentence which seriously used to drive the young girl crazy.

 

But at one point, Navya realized that enough was enough when her brave mother was accelerating the Jeep at a speed which was pulling out her heart and just then out of nowhere a White Car came along running on the parallel road and it was the point when their Jeep was approaching the road end just too fast so she shouted on top of her voice, "Stop mom please stop for God sake at least now" she said it all this time and that too without any fear of her mother's irritating remark as an another fear of meeting with an accident was much bigger an issue for her now. It became even more frightening for Navya as her brave mother too panicked at this stage. Navya's mother said, "Yes I know I've to stop and I'm pressing the Brake but why is this Jeep not stopping?" Witnessing this crisis situation Navya said, "Because accelerator is not brake." But her mother couldn't understand her mistake that she was pressing accelerator thinking that to be the brake of the vehicle.

 

It was now when Navya intervened and pressed the tight brake with her right leg as hard as she could to stop the heavy Jeep from hitting that White Car on the parallel road where they had already reached. But unfortunately, Navya was bit late and fortunately she was just a bit late, so their Jeep stopped but only after touching the gentle body of that White Car. It was a safe accident and probably the coolest accident ever on the roads of Patna because this time nobody came out of their vehicles to fight and threaten the other side by claiming to be the relative of the local politician. Yes, the Jeep had hit the tiny White Car but it was just the touching of the two vehicles so the man on the Car was more or less alright with this unwanted encounter along with the Big Jeep. The poor man just looked up at Navya and her mother and without uttering a single word he started off again and vanished.

 

But this was one of those rare moment when even Navya's mother was frightened even though nothing major happened. She was still and quietly she started the Jeep again and took back for home, it was a real quiet ride as none of them said anything on the throughout the way. But just when they were about to reach the home Navya's mother broke the silence by saying, "Darling please don't say anything to your dad." Navya was just so happy at this stage having realized that she is carrying a big power in her hands now. So she bravely said to her mother, "See when you don't know a thing it's better to learn it rather than to keep arguing" to which her mother shook her head silently and this was the first time when her mother accepted her mistake. It was after this incident Navya's mother never ever said her favorite sentence again and for Navya it was like a boon to get rid of listening to the same unwanted repeated sentence of her mother which undoubtedly brought much peace in Navya's life.

© 2017 Neel Preet


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very nicely written. Good one

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Its a nice story. Very well written.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

292 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 7, 2017
Last Updated on December 19, 2017
Tags: Humor, Satire, Family, Relationship, Fiction, Love, Comedy

Author

Neel Preet
Neel Preet

New Delhi, Delhi, India



About
Neel Preet is a young Writer-Author who completed his First Book, VOICE FROM THE EAST at the age of 21. The Book got Published Worldwide by "Partridge India - Penguin Publications" on 25th May 2016 an.. more..