On Sunny Days

On Sunny Days

A Poem by Neville
"

one for the kids.. even grown up one's

"

On Sunny Days

 

How I love

To sit and watch thee

On such sunny days

 

My little girl

Of seven years

Reading Shakespeare’s plays

 

With lots of

Thou’s and thines and stuff

A comic book’s not good enough

 

Oh how I love

To sit and watch thee

On such sunny days

 

 

 

© 2018 Neville


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

And as you watch, her mother tells a neighbour "i wonder who she takes that from." Does it need to be pointed out that I am impressed by a seven year old Shaky fan, or are we just going to gloss over that? :)
The closest we ever got to a thee, thine or thou at that age, was and I do apologise, when we doubted what someone was saying and replied with the insult "thou talkeths radioactive pish."
I'm guessing your kid went to the better school.
A little gem here Neville. Im sure it will be all the better for you writing this and making a future memory for her, as a token of all the memories she has given you.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

5 Years Ago

thanks for this mate I can't tell thee how much I appreciate thy words... you are right about those .. read more



Reviews

Fond memories are made from these moments.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Neville

5 Years Ago

there must have been a few, but you know what, I can't recall a single rainy day.. cheers Andrew.. :.. read more
Oh, how cozy! I loved reading this poem. Short but full of love :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


Neville

5 Years Ago

absolutely, spot on Giulia, there is much love here, thank you so much for checking in and commentin.. read more
well I never grow up, so if I was seven or seventy I think I would be reading Shakespeare’s plays, the only difference between me and Your little girl that not now or then I will be able to write thou the right (thou’s and thines and stuff), sigh!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

5 Years Ago

thou always make me smile, does thee, thank ye very much.... N
My little girl used to read (medical) encyclopedias! Their personalities show at an early age don't they? Children are much more interesting to observe than any work of art, I think! Wonderful reminiscings of a loving Dad!


Posted 5 Years Ago


Neville

5 Years Ago

sometimes, I could certainly do with professional help........ :)
Mrudula Rani

5 Years Ago

Only to deal with a pesky computer...
Neville

5 Years Ago

yeah, and that lol.... :)
I must admit, though I was reading at a fifth grade level at seven, I did love my comic books! I was a big fan of Superman, and also Superboy, Supergirl, as well as Superbaby.
I also enjoyed Archie and the rest of the Riverdale gang, and Dennis the Menace comics. My taste, you might say, was eclectic.
I was heavily into Lois Lenski books, and Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings.

Your kid was much more sophisticated than I was. My kids read a lot of Dr, Seuss at seven, but no Shakespeare. I didn't begin on him until I was about twelve.
Not that my kids were any strangers to thees and thous. My Bible is the King James version.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Neville

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much angel for visiting these words and leaving such relevant and otherwise splendid co.. read more
angel

5 Years Ago

You are very welcome, my friend. And now, since it is after 4 am, it's off to bed, me.
Good m.. read more
Neville

5 Years Ago

Good mane my good lady.. sleep well..
And as you watch, her mother tells a neighbour "i wonder who she takes that from." Does it need to be pointed out that I am impressed by a seven year old Shaky fan, or are we just going to gloss over that? :)
The closest we ever got to a thee, thine or thou at that age, was and I do apologise, when we doubted what someone was saying and replied with the insult "thou talkeths radioactive pish."
I'm guessing your kid went to the better school.
A little gem here Neville. Im sure it will be all the better for you writing this and making a future memory for her, as a token of all the memories she has given you.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

5 Years Ago

thanks for this mate I can't tell thee how much I appreciate thy words... you are right about those .. read more
I can visualise this very easily. What a pleasant scene you have created here. Dad maybe in the park or the garden watching his heart's delight reading her book. And Shakespeare as well, what an educated choice. Dad's influence no doubt.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


Neville

5 Years Ago

ye park methinks... maybe or not maybe, that is the question.. cheers and verily so x

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 20, 2018
Last Updated on November 20, 2018

Author

Neville
Neville

Gone West folks....., United Kingdom



About
Sometimes my imagination get's the better of me and then the pen takes over .. more..

Writing
Wild Garlic Wild Garlic

A Poem by Neville