It's Normal

It's Normal

A Story by Nicole

Day 1:

The research began today. I was taken into a room that was white and plain and looked just like a hospital room. There were no windows just bare walls. I felt almost like I was stuck in a box like some test animal. I’m probably not too far from the truth.

First, the men in white coats came in to take my blood pressure, temperature, and to swab my throat. When they were done, another man came in and gave me a shot: My first medicine trail.

At first, I began to feel dizzy and soon fell asleep, but when I awoke, the men who looked like doctors told me it’s normal.

 

Day 2:

Today was a little different. First, a woman came in to talk to me about how I was feeling. I told her that my limbs had started to ache like I’d exercised a lot. She said that it was normal to feel this way to begin with.

She started to ask about the people I talked to a lot. I told her that I couldn’t say anything because we weren’t supposed to discuss each other. It was supposed to be a secret. She seemed frustrated when she left, but I didn’t understand why. I had made a promise.

Then, the doctors came in again. They tell me not to call them doctors because that’s not really what they are, but what else am I supposed to call them? They gave my two shots today, one right after the other. And I felt even worse than before. I accidentally threw up on one of their shoes and they all looked angry and annoyed with me.

That night they let me out of my room. I followed to men down a hall with lots of doors. Each door had a small window in it like mine. There were people in there. Some watched me as I walked by, some where getting shots, and some rooms were empty.

Two nurses pushing a stretcher with a large black bag on it left one of the rooms. I wondered what was in that bag. Maybe someone had died.

When one of the “doctors” noticed that I was watching the nurses…he told me it was normal.

 

Day 3:

The doctors told me that today would be the most important. It would decide if I could ever be normal.

Today, they gave me a shot that had a REALLY BIG NEEDLE. It hurt when they stabbed it in my arm, but that pain was only temporary. Though, when they pushed the medicine into my body through that big needle, it made my arm feel like it was on fire. Five more men had to come into my room just to hold me down. I felt, and still feel, really sick after that. But it’s normal.

Every once-in-a-while, someone comes in to check my chart and to try to get me to drink some medicine. Every time they do though, I feel sick to my stomach and end up throwing up. After I do, I get a painful cramp in my stomach, and I just wish it’d all go away. But they say it’s normal.

 

Day 4:

The doctors said I should say things to people that I haven’t had the chance to tell them yet. So here I go:

Mom, I’m sorry. I’m sorry that I had to be not normal. I know you always wanted me to be normal and so now, here’s my chance. They’re going to take that icky curse out of my body, and I won’t be able to hear those people anymore. I hope you’re happy. I know I am! I’ll always love you Mommy. ‘Cause I know you’d never hurt me or leave me.

Love me,

Chelsey

 

I’m going to have the operation now and I know everything will be just fine when I’m done because I’ll be normal.

 

Day 5:

 

 

Test: Unsuccessful. It’s Normal.

© 2010 Nicole


Author's Note

Nicole
I wrote this like when I was 12 or something.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It has the feeling as though they are planning to kill her, and making her happy by saying everything that happens is normal. Very interesting that thought.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 26, 2010
Last Updated on February 26, 2010

Author

Nicole
Nicole

Aurora, CO



Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Nicole


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Nicole


Left Standing Left Standing

A Book by Nicole