"Shortcuts"

"Shortcuts"

A Chapter by RaynesMelody

Lewis

I was being watched. There was no mistaking that alarming, prickling feeling on the back of my neck. Someone was following me.

I walked down the gloomy alleyway, mentally cursing myself for taking the “shortcut” earlier. Sure it was faster, but it was definitely not safer. I turned the corner only to find a dead end. Damn! I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere. I shook my head. My sense of direction was seriously lacking. I studied the wall in front of me and was just considering jumping it when I heard him.

He wasn’t that hard not to hear really. Muttering and wheezing away like an old man. I bit my lip, thinking. Maybe he was just a doddery sod, who thought that I had money or something valuable. I laughed quietly to myself as I pictured a befuddled old geezer thinking that he had found his long lost granddaughter. I smiled and began to turn around.

And that’s when I heard the scream.



© 2010 RaynesMelody


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A short chapter. I like the thoughts and the reaction at the end of this chapter. To know someone is near and allowing the mind to wander and ponder the next action. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 17, 2010
Last Updated on September 17, 2010


Author

RaynesMelody
RaynesMelody

United Kingdom



About
"If it were not for hopes, the heart would break." I'm not one for spoken words... but when written, or sung... I can never seem to shut up. more..

Writing



Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5