Scent Of A Rose

Scent Of A Rose

A Poem by Nipplegrinder

Some simply don't care
for the scent of a rose
Instead to linger in
pungent sandalwood
Indulging in myrrh
and the comfort of cedar
I can smell the leaves
and their will to become
darker
in fading sustenance

The wind has come for the rose
The chill and gray shall claim her

© 2017 Nipplegrinder


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I don't know if it's true that You have those people around You, I never met like those ones, in fact I know some who cares about the scent of the rose more than others scents.

Back to Your poem, I found it very lovely and enchanting, speaking like a lone Rose standing alone defencing her self, the last two lines expressed the real strength of this Rose, as the wind will spread her scent wider, and the chill will fill the air, we just need to feel it in our senses.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nipplegrinder

6 Years Ago

Thank you for the kind words. I'm pleased you enjoyed this.



Reviews

Poems that make you think are great poems. A rose is but a rose until someone writes it's meaningful picture. Very nice!

Posted 6 Years Ago


I always have at least two glade plug ins masking the scent of my shame and cat's piss in me living room. I grow the sweetest smelling weeds in my basement, allegedly, but I still have to use an activated charcoal filter system to clean the air or I go to jail.

I grow roses in the summer. Egg shells, used coffee grounds and Fox farm "big grow" formula diluted heavily with distilled water makes for very prolific growth.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Maybe it's the weather today, but I could bring each scent to mind. I am one of those people who prefer to indulge in the earthier, more pungent scents like myrrh and frankincense. Although I do like Amber and vanilla!

Rose, in this piece, is gentle and fragile. The cold today would surely overcome her. Dark and sweet, this one.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Nipplegrinder

6 Years Ago

Thank you, so much. I'm very pleased you enjoyed this.
I don't know if it's true that You have those people around You, I never met like those ones, in fact I know some who cares about the scent of the rose more than others scents.

Back to Your poem, I found it very lovely and enchanting, speaking like a lone Rose standing alone defencing her self, the last two lines expressed the real strength of this Rose, as the wind will spread her scent wider, and the chill will fill the air, we just need to feel it in our senses.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nipplegrinder

6 Years Ago

Thank you for the kind words. I'm pleased you enjoyed this.
I love roses and orchids they are very beautiful and smell divinely. Loved the poem thank you for sharing 🤗

Posted 6 Years Ago


Nipplegrinder

6 Years Ago

Thank you, very much!
STORIES BEHIND EYES

6 Years Ago

YOU WELCOME HUN
"...fading sustenance": the way of all things.
An impressive bit of work!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nipplegrinder

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much! So pleased you enjoyed this!
I'm one of those who prefer the sandalwood, jasmine and mulberry. Not so much for cedar though. I do like to smell oak burning on these cold days. This was a pleasant read.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Nipplegrinder

6 Years Ago

I'm glad you took the time to read, Fabian. And truly thank you for your compliment. I hope this one.. read more
Another cryptically delicious. So many different ways one could take this, if only for the straightforward meaning. But if one was to look deep into their own soul, what would they say about this?

Perhaps its the fading of lustful infatuation to the ever romantic best-friend who in desperate times would reach out that hand, forever withholding judgement, but with the purest of love. stable, sturdy, will always be there...even if a bit of time passes. Perhaps the best-friend is an old love with a fire rekindling and offering the softest of heat.

Or perhaps its the self realization that the cute and exciting will never make you who you are but only the strength and toughness will be forever.

Personally, I like the thoughts of the first.

Always and with Love

Jayden D.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Nipplegrinder

6 Years Ago

You see quite a bit in this. Thank you.
Matthew Kult

6 Years Ago

You are most welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

370 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 13, 2017
Last Updated on November 13, 2017
Tags: scents, sensory, poem

Author

Nipplegrinder
Nipplegrinder

St. Louis , MO



About
50 year old Gentleman. I write a lot about love. And I write about BDSM. I love to write erotic poems. But, I like to think I do it in a tasteful way. I like to read and review the works of the many.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Not Sure Yet Not Sure Yet

A Story by Doreen


BELIEVE BELIEVE

A Poem by Chris Shaw


Sweet Agony Sweet Agony

A Poem by Doreen


Bite Me Bite Me

A Poem by Tasha