Stolen Heart

Stolen Heart

A Story by Ntandoyenkosi Ngcobo
"

Episode 1

"

In the therapy room:

Mandisa: "We did it, we are rich!" I said.Bheki then turned to look at me with a faint smile, which quickly turned into a horrified one. I turned to see what didn't look right. I saw bright lights from the opposite side. The metals of the car groaned like the final cry of some wounded beast. I screamed but stopped when my body began feeling numb. There was silence for some time. I could smell smoke, and an oily taste hung in the air. I managed to push the airbag aside, fiddled with the belt until I was freed and crawled out the back. The fumes from the car burnt my throat and made my eyes water. My left arm was numb and remained bent at a strange angle. My arm was broken, surely. I had no idea what else could have been damaged at that time. Bheki, I thought of him and how he was. As I was drifting into a world of many thoughts and as the wind hauled a soft lullaby, I managed to look up to see a man running towards me with a phone in his hand. I saw soft spots of flashes, and there was nothing but darkness.
(Starts crying)

Therapist: Okay, I'm afraid we have to stop here for the day.
(Stands up and opens the door)

(Mandisa walks out, finds Bheki waiting at the reception. Hugs him. As they walk to the car....)

Bheki: So how was it?

Mandisa: The same, you know how it goes.

Bheki: Did she ask anything out of the ordinary? Did you tell her about what happened that night?Don't tell me you...

Mandisa: No I didn't! I'm not stupid Bheki, you know we will both go to jail if anyone ever knows of this. I don't know why you don't trust me, I could have told on you and saved myself,but I didn't..

Bheki: Okay, I'm sorry.

(Silence is dominant in the car as they drive home)

Mandisa: Why on earth are we driving home?!!

Bheki: What do you want me to do, drive us to hell?

Mandisa: What do you think you going to eat? The cupboards are empty, I'm not even going to mention the fridge.

Bheki: You should have just said that I should buy the grocery, not this attitude you dropping on me.

Mandisa: Excuse me, Bheki did you just here what you said right now? You never listen to me anymore, the dealings are keeping you too busy. Admit it, that's why you even made me see that woman (referring to therapist). You never at home, I thought you said we are not going to be dealing anymore, I hate this life, really. And I can't bring a l... (Close to tears)

Bheki: I know I'm too busy, but I'm doing this for us, how do you expect me to pay the hospital bill with clean money whilst I don't have it? SARS can't start being suspicious,and you know that. As for me taking you to the therapist, I don't think its working if you going to go down my throat like this.

Mandisa: You don't understand. Its not only about the two of us anymore, there is also a .....

Bheki: I don't understand?Are you okay?!Who else is it about?You know very well its just the two of us against the world, what are you talking about. Sometimes I just think a part of your mind died at the crash. You not the same anymore...

(Phone rings and Bheki picks up)

Bheki: My man, oh okay, I'm going to be there right now.

Mandisa: You see what I mean. Owwch (Starts groaning in pain, tears going down her face)

© 2015 Ntandoyenkosi Ngcobo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on June 2, 2015
Last Updated on June 2, 2015

Author

Ntandoyenkosi Ngcobo
Ntandoyenkosi Ngcobo

Piet Retief, South Africa



About
Copyright © █║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌║▌║║ About Ntando..··♡ I am a writer, .. more..

Writing