Stolen Heart.

Stolen Heart.

A Story by Ntandoyenkosi Ngcobo
"

Episode 2

"
*At The Hospital*

Nurse: You going to be okay, I am really sorry that there was nothing we could do to help you and the...

Mandisa: Its okay, I've been through worse. I'll deal with it. Somehow (Looks out the window)

Nurse: Your, uuuuuhm...Bheki was here earlier on, you were still asleep, so he said he'll come back later.

Mandisa: Oh, its okay. Thank you.

(Nurse walks out and a couple of seconds later Mandisa starts sobbing)
*Hours Later*
(Bheki walks in and stands at the door looking extremely sad, Mandisa then turns around to look at him)

Bheki: I don't understand, we used to be so close and seemed good together, now its just like..(Walks to Mandisa's bedside and sits on the chair nearby) we cursed, we destroying each other.

Mandisa: Things can go back to being the same, really..anyways what I hoped would have been is no longer.(Tears swelling up her eyes)

Bheki: What do you mean? (Looks confused and then gets closer to Mandisa and gives her a tight hug)

Mandisa: I'm sorry, really. Its all my fault. I should have told you the day I found out, but I was just too angry, and worried about a lot of things. I'm sorry.

Bheki: (Seems even more confused) Its okay, whatever it is. Its okay.

Mandisa: Anyways, when am I being discharged, I just can't wait to get back into business.(Saying this with a dim fake smile on her face)

Bheki: Sometime today I think. Anyways, what is wrong with you.

Mandisa: Nothing is wrong, welll, not anymore.

Bheki: I'll have to hurry back to the house to get some of your stuff for you.

Mandisa: Oh okay, Bheki, thank you.

Bheki: Okay, I'll be back now now.

*An Hour Later*
(Bheki walks back in with a small bag for Mandisa)

Mandisa: Thank you, let me get ready so that I'd also sign the discharge forms they just brought in.

Bheki: Okay, I'll be waiting outside.

*Minutes Later*
(Mandisa comes out of the room dressed in a pink tracksuit and gives thee discharge papers to Bheki)

Mandisa: I'm all done, now we can go.

(Calls nurse to final the discharge, Bheki sees one of his old friends in the distance)

Bheki: Honey, isn't that Maz?

Mandisa: Yes, its him, that was the doctor who was treating me.

Bheki: I better go have a word with him.

Mandisa: Okay,you will find me by the cafe downstairs.

(Bheki walks over to Maz)

Bheki: Hey doctor. (Says it sarcastically)

Maz: Bheki!..long time hey.

Bheki: Very long, you good?

Maz: I'm all good, how you holding up?

Bheki: I'm doing well, I see you doing pretty well hey.

Maz: I'm just trying man, you know how it is. I see you also doing well, I've been treating your woman, and I got to say. You chose well. Regardless of the recent incident, I'm sorry my man. We tried everything, but it was too late.

Bheki: Huh..what was too late?

Maz: Its okay man, I understand. You most probably still in shock.

Bheki: Shock?..What shock?..What are you talking about?..

© 2015 Ntandoyenkosi Ngcobo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

much better dialoge than "born of the wind" was it? im impressed ur good

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
1 Review
Added on June 3, 2015
Last Updated on June 3, 2015

Author

Ntandoyenkosi Ngcobo
Ntandoyenkosi Ngcobo

Piet Retief, South Africa



About
Copyright © █║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌║▌║║ About Ntando..··♡ I am a writer, .. more..

Writing