An OpenLetter To The Government

An OpenLetter To The Government

A Poem by Ntandoyenkosi Ngcobo

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE GOVERNMENT

To: All the “Leaders”, the Politicians, Bankers, Lawyers, Super-rich and Power Players in the country.

CC: To the Youth of South Africa “The nation that has found their inner consciousness

Re: This is the Government we don’t deserve

 

Dear people who look down on the youth

Firstly, you will have to forgive me for my bruised English and context to writing a letter, for I have not a proper English teacher. I write this letter to express my concerns, for #FeesMustFall #NationalShutDown #ANCMustFall was not enough to express my views on Twitter.

I have realized that “South Africa is not poor, but the democracy is”. I find it a shame that my country doesn’t seem to care about our future. For seemingly, the struggles of the Youth are not a state emergency. I have also realized that we are nobodies to the government until the one week before we are faced with a ballot paper and a pen. Children are starving across the nation, while you planning on some December vacation. Students are threatened with jail when fighting for their rights regarding education, what are we to do in this situation? Our leaders are not doing justice to the citizens of this country. We have graduates sitting at home without jobs, while the prices of food and fuel escalate monthly. We are now what one will refer to as a “poverty stricken nation” yet we are rich. Poor education systems, poor health systems, can’t you see the tolls this be taking? Why is it so hard to gain access and success at tertiary institutions? Oh, how can I forget that its because of financial and academic exclusion. #FeesMustFall if this is the reason, because its funny how “Education is the key to success” yet they increase the price of tuition fees every year.

The Youth has awoken, we can no longer be brainwashed by parties and individuals with hidden agendas. It has gone on for far too long. They say there are two kinds of leaders in this world: the ones who want you to be free and the ones to want to control you. Which one are you? If you had a decision that encourages human freedom versus more government control, which one would you choose?

Yes, some papers were changed , apartheid was over, but what skill need I have to make freedom a reality for me? They promised us so much, but where are the fruits produced by this government? I see f**k. You will have to forgive the youth for we will always be tormented by the restless voices from the past, for our nation is built on death and pain. At times it is as if you forget what runs in our DNA, the one thing we surely have in common as a people. It is the spirit to fight for what is right and making our voices heard. Asizenzi, it is the revolution songs we sing to confirm the coming of age of our liberation. For “liberation will not keep the sun shining on our faces much longer, and it may no longer be enough to guarantee our place in the shade.”

We won’t rest, we won’t sleep, till voices from the dark and deep step out into the light to acknowledge themselves. While we still pay a hefty price for a worn out identity and trying to protect our fragile freedom and economy. A hunger for identity remains unsatisfied. As some shower themselves off everything that reminds us of who we are. Stop telling us what we worth. Stop undermining us. Stop betraying us and listen to our demands, forget about your bruised egos. Lend your ear to the youth, the future. Just once.

I hope you find all the above in order, and that there will be no reason, for me to be charged with treason when I say #FeesMustFall #ANCMustFall #NationalShutDown

Peace

© 2015 Ntandoyenkosi Ngcobo


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Good for you mate, I hope more people think like you do and see the true nature of money and politics before it's too late for all of us.
This is a well thought out and passionate piece of writing and I applaud you from the bottom of my feet upwards.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Good for you mate, I hope more people think like you do and see the true nature of money and politics before it's too late for all of us.
This is a well thought out and passionate piece of writing and I applaud you from the bottom of my feet upwards.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1240 Views
1 Review
Added on October 22, 2015
Last Updated on October 22, 2015

Author

Ntandoyenkosi Ngcobo
Ntandoyenkosi Ngcobo

Piet Retief, South Africa



About
Copyright © █║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌║▌║║ About Ntando..··♡ I am a writer, .. more..

Writing