Sit down

Sit down

A Story by Odaisha
"

Sea Lion, sailor, gloomy and cloudy beach house on the windy beach.

"
Fifteen years, fifteen long years from the day that their only son was lost out at sea.
A sailor along with his mistress lived  quietly and peacefully in a little shack on the beach.
The mistress of the sailor recalls her only son who is two years of age running through the hanging blankets drying in the beach breeze with great joy.
It was never sunny and shiny on the beach.
For months on end living on the beach near the ocean was grey with clouds, gloomy, and chilly.
Who can blame the sailor for taking his boy out to sea on a clear day that was very rare when the sun was out and the water was calm.
But while out at sea and in a split of a second the clouds turned dark and covered up the sun, lighting and thunder, and violent waves rocked the sailboat back and forth.
The little boy fell overboard and was never seen again.
The mother's pain, you can't imagine, because half of her heart was broken.
and her sailor husband, could you imagine if she lost him tool.

From that day on they lived a very quiet and lonely lives but they still had each other.
Everyday the sailor would go out to catch fish for supper.
And each time the mother hangs up clothes to dry she weeps.
The sailor arrived one day and anchored his sail boat and folded his fish nets.
To his astonishment when he found a sea lion caught in one of the fish nets.

To be continued...

© 2015 Odaisha


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on December 5, 2015
Last Updated on December 6, 2015

Author

Odaisha
Odaisha

Sri Lanka



About
Give me a chance. more..

Writing
Cell Phone Cell Phone

A Story by Odaisha


A woman A woman

A Poem by Odaisha