Deepest Love Part 1: A Running Heart

Deepest Love Part 1: A Running Heart

A Story by James Longman
"

Dedicated to Jackie Lower without her inspiration I might have never been able to write this at all.

"
Running with only the beat of her heart accompanying her she went through the darkness and the rain as the rush settled and she began to hear her footsteps once more her breathe hard and deep every step as it hit the ground, running no where but to the only place she knew as safe.
Knock Knock. Her fingers gray and numb. Knock Knock. Her thoughts racing. Knock Knock. "Why wont he open the door?", her thoughts becoming irrational "Is something wrong?, have they gotten him, taken him away?". Knock.
That moment, just a few seconds in time seemed to last an eternity the door opening letting out a sigh of warm air, as she remembered to breathe, "Lilly?".
Standing there in a moment of confusion, a moment frozen in time, "Lilly! get in here", 
a firm pressure on her arm pulling her back into this world, "Lee, I need you", her eyes wide and scared she pulled herself in close to his body feeling his comforting warmth, hopes rising she let him guide her to the chair near the fire.
Watching him walk away to get a rug she pulls out a note opening it gingerly to read it
My Princess,
I hurt not seeing you I wish only to be with you,
you have shared so many thoughts, so many tears
between us so many thoughts, losses and gains,
downfalls and uprisings, forever this is how i feel you,
you, and only for you my heart will beat.
Wear it as a jewel, use it as your shield or love
it like I do you whatever you choose with my 
heart i will be happy.
My love to you,
Jace

Refolding the note, placing it gingerly back under her coat she knew she had to tell him soon, tell him how she felt. She heard the shuffle as Lee passed back through the door carrying a heavy towel, his smile loving and strong, "Lilly what have you been doing?", he exclaimed wrapping her in the towel, "It is pouring out there!".
Sitting down on the lounge next to her putting his arm around her shoulders and pulling her into him, carefully she look up at him, meeting his gaze.

She searched and searched only seeing love and adoration, feeling and passion towards her, looking down quickly, 'What am I doing?' she thought to herself 'how can I just no longer love him?' Getting up and moving across the room and no longer being able to hold it in, she burst into tears collapsing in front of him sobbing, crying, releasing her pain to him.

© 2010 James Longman


Author's Note

James Longman
dont worry about spelling or grammar, etc. just tell me what you think of my writing. im happy for anyone to review my posts :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Are you after praise or honesty? Because honestly, I have nothing kind to say about this piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Explains very well the difference between lust and unconditional love.

Good write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 19, 2010
Last Updated on February 19, 2010

Author

James Longman
James Longman

Perth, WA, Australia



About
Me? I am sweet I am angry I am passionate I am all about the little things in life from the look in someones eye to the touch of their hand on mine. I'll write according to my mood I will review.. more..

Writing