Protector

Protector

A Story by Omegax45
"

It was the right thing to do. Were there so few thinking the same way as he?

"

Protector

by Omegax45

 

“This has nothing to do with you.  Get lost!”

“And if I don’t,” the group of high school students glared darkly against the one that interfered with their fun.  He went to the same school as them, and was part of the boxing team.  Everyone knew he had a deadly punch, so they knew angering him was a bad idea.

“This b***h is a retard,” one of the group stated, “Someone like her isn’t going anywhere in life other than being a w***e, so why bother helping her?”

“Because she is someone in need and it is the right thing to do,” the young man stated, angry that they would hurt a girl.  They’re suppose to be men, for crying out loud.  Men don’t hurt women unless in self defense, as his father always taught him.

“Oh yeah,” another snided, “If that’s the case, then why don’t the teachers help her?  They’ve pretty much given up on her stupid a*s too.”

“If she’s so stupid,” the young man stated with a smirk, “then why are her grades higher than yours?  You just hate people that stand out, people that can be better than all of you and have to knock them down several pegs before leaving for college.  You’re nothing but a bunch of cowards, ones that will one day be wife abusers.”

“You b*****d,” the leader of the group shouted, raising a fist to punch the young man.  The young man grasped the fist in his hand and twisted the arm connected to it into a hold that not only had the leader crying out in pain, but would cause him to dislocate his shoulder if he dared to jerk harshly in an attempt to flee.

“You know the rules,” the young man stated, “Fighting and bullying is against school policy.  If you had forgotten, those rules have went into affect yesterday with the new principle taking office.  And it just so happens, I’ve been assigned Hall Monitor Duty this week, so guess who’s being written up and suspended.”

“S**t,” one of the group stated in realization, “My mom’s gonna kill me!”

“I’m one strike away from expulsion,” another cried out in fear.

“You win,” a third shouted, “Let’s get out of here!”

“I know your names,” the young man yelled as the group ran, and he released the leader carelessly.

“I won’t forget this,” the leader growled as he held his arm, then ran after his group.

“Are you okay,” the young man turned to the young woman as he helped her to her feet.

“Thank you,” she replied meekly, her face sporting a few scrapes and the beginning of a bruise, “I don’t know why they were picking on me.  The only thing that comes to mind is that their girlfriends put them up to it.”

“Why would they do that? Wouldn’t they just go after you instead?”
”There’s that new teacher they like in math.  I got a hard question right.  They didn’t like that he complimented me, and I’m a green belt in judo.”

“So they sent their boyfriends, who are stronger than you.  What cowards.  Are girls really that vicious?”

“You have a lot to learn about women and the men they love.  Anyway, thank you for saving me.  I better go before I get you into anymore trouble.”

“I’ll be fine.  They need me for nationals.  Take care of yourself, and I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Okay,” the young woman turned to leave, but then thought of something, “I don’t mean to sound mean, but is that it?  You won’t make me go on a date with you as payment?”

“Do I look that shallow,” the young man laughed, “Like I said before, I rescued you because it’s the right thing to do.  If I want to date you, I would court you properly.”
  “Oh,” the young woman blushed, “Thank you again.  See you later.”

“Bye,” the young man said as he waved goodbye to the young woman.  He had to report to the principle about the attack, then he had practice. 

Maybe he’d court the young woman tomorrow.  She was very pretty and didn’t seem to be intimidated by him.  He would treat her with kindness and respect, like how a woman should be treated by a man.

Maybe he would get lucky.  Who says that good deeds don’t pay off?

 

THE END

© 2011 Omegax45


Author's Note

Omegax45
I know that bullying is old news, but there were so many that were bullied that had no one to protect them. Even with new school policies, that does not mean that it has stopped. I hope this short piece inspires people to try and end the bullying in schools.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very Nice indeed. The point is sent across and I can relate. I get picked on A lot and I'm a green belt in Judo so I understand her pain. Good job

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 14, 2011
Last Updated on April 25, 2011
Tags: bullying, high school, protect, friendship

Author

Omegax45
Omegax45

CT



About
I have published my second book in the series after three years: Hell's Detective: Lust. It is available now on Amazon Kindle and soon to be available as a paperback. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Omegax45


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Omegax45


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Omegax45