Afraid.

Afraid.

A Poem by Patricia(:
"

I titled the poem Afraid because my greatest fear, a fear we might all share..is to be alone..

"
I'm tired of being alone,
I know I'm young..
But what does age matter?
I may be young,
but years from now I might still be alone..
I don't know, you don't know.
No one knows.

I want to mean something to someone,
To be loved, and love back.
I know this may seem like much to ask for,
from a 14 year old girl..

But time flies,
love is different at this age vs.
when I'm 30.

I want to experience love while I'm young,
to know there may be someone like me..
That I'm not alone, or weird..
Do you understand, or am I once again Alone on this one?

I want to be told I love you,
and be able to say it back.
I'd like them to mean it for once,
because I know I'll mean it..
How do I know?
It's something you just know.
At this age everyone says love isn't real,
that you won't experience that until your older.

That's a lie.
We do experience love,
just a different way then you may explain it to us.
We experience young love,
yes it may not last...
It's not healthy to believe it will,
or to put to much emotion into young love..

Yet we all know we want to experience it,
young love is different.
It's something you can only experience for a short time..
And I feel my time is running out.

I'm only 14, yes.
But soon to be 15.
Time will pass me by,
before I know it I'll be old.

I don't ask for much,
just one good relationship..
With someone who's almost like me,
so then I can know..
I'm not as alone in this world as I feel..






© 2010 Patricia(:


Author's Note

Patricia(:
Thanks for reading, enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Love is different I guess (from 14 to 30). Now, I'm only 18years old, but I can tell that. You penned your emotions in a beautiful write, one that hooks the reader up. I enjoyed it. There's only one thing I can say.. Let things fall into place. Don't look for love, cause you won't find it. Live life, have a good laugh with friends, hang out, do crazy s**t that you don't see yourself doing. Well now it's the time. When are you gonna do it? When you're thirty? ..And while doing all that stuff, you don't look for love. Then you can say, I wasn't looking when I stumbled onto you. It must have been faith.. and that's just the most beautiful thing we'll ever learn. Amazing write. =)

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Well. Lonliness does create some pretty good art? I wont comment much because my dreary perspective would probably make you feel bad. But! to make you feel good, I do like the idea you present here about love being experienced in different ways throughout the lifespan.
Love in adolescents is dreadfully simplistic and shallow. But that is only from the uminmaginative, beaten down, adult perspective; spoken from years of life "experience." When in the moment (young love that is) it is very pleasant and, interestingly enough, all consuming.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Liz
I love this. It's pure, and from the heart.

I used to feel this way. In fact, I spent the majority of my teenage years feeling this way. I'm 18 now and I have found the love of my life. Yes, I'm still young and people often question how can I be so sure. My point to this is; love comes unexpectedly and when you know, you just know. (:

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think everyone has their soul mate sort to say, anyways, great poem, I liked it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I hate feeling like that too. I'm 18 and I've only had one boyfriend. It sucks cause I don't want to live alone.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's really good. As Pierce the Veil says "No, theres no such thing as to young" I think love is real for any age and if you find someone who wants the same thing as you than young love is real love. and it can last forever.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can completly relate to this. I used to feel exactly like this. I wouldn't worry too much, a good guy is bound to come around. Just don't settle for less than you deserve :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hello Patricia,

Thank you for writing it. I did enjoy.

Regards,

Matthew

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very true- all of us have that yearning somewhere, and everyone fears being in solitude... It is good to have ambitions at this age. It helps you seek out yourself and find your boundaries and values. Stay strong!

~Gage

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow that is so beautiful and so true in so many levels. People say love is fake especcialy at the age of 6-16 but who knows...no one does just like those words you put in this beautiful poem. It's just amazing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good write. More of a rant of thoughts than anything. Hard to convey your feelings and I know for certain that most if not all of the young writers and non writers feel the same as you right now.. Keep writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

688 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 10, 2010
Last Updated on September 10, 2010

Author

Patricia(:
Patricia(:

About
I'm basically just here to write what I feel when I feel it. Never on, but when I am, it's not long. Hope none of you hate me for that, but if you do. Hey, it's not like it's anything new. Also, sorry.. more..

Writing
tgegewg tgegewg

A Poem by Patricia(:



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..