Garage Door Maintenance Tips For Safety & Convenience

Garage Door Maintenance Tips For Safety & Convenience

A Story by Ottawa Garage Door
"

Garage door serves an undeniable function. So, don't ignore it and let your garage door runs smoothly by following the simple maintenance tips.

"


The garage door is one of the most overlooked item in your home. Study shows that, 50% of respondents have never maintained their doors. They generally tend to ignore the importance of door's functionality until major issue arises. However, like other mechanical devices, your overhead door also need maintenance. So, it is essential to have your garage door checked annually to prevent a variety of inconvenient issues from occurring.

Follow some important tips to avoid expensive repairs of your garage door.

1. Regularly clean your door from the outside with water,  detergent, and sponge. Wash it with a garden hose.

2. Visually inspect your door every month to identify any broken rollers, rusted bottom brackets and frayed cables. It allows you to replace it immediately if required.

3. Avail a socket wrench to tighten any loose bolts or nuts on the hinges or tracks. If any nuts or bolts have warning tags, then make sure not to tight or loose it by yourself. Because improper handling or disengage can cause serious injury. So, it's better you should only call an authorized garage door technician for professional repair.

4. Check the door’s balance in closed position. If it looks out of balance, then you need to call a pro to improve the condition of your overhead door.

5. Test your door's electric opener reversing mechanism by placing a piece of 2 x 4 board  in the center of the opening. After contacting the object, the door should reverse. If it does not, then it should be serviced.

6. To avoid mishaps, invest a few bucks in an overhead door opener that features electric photo eye safety beams. That are mounted a few inches off the floor. They send an invisible beam across the door's path. If the invisible beam is damaged, then the door will automatically reverse to its fully open position. This beam provides an extra safety and security to the auto reverse function. But always clean the photo eyes with a soft and dry cloth. If you notice that photo eyes are out of alignment, then gently fix it.

7. Use a silicone spray to lubricate all moving parts of garage door to avoid damage to your door and its opener. But make sure not to use grease or WD40.

By following these maintenance tips, you can maintain the optimal condition of your overhead door and opener for years to come.

We, "Ottawa Garage Door Service", provide high-quality garage door repair and maintenance services in Ottawa and the surrounding areas. If you'd prefer to have garage door issues fixed professionally, then call us today. Our qualified team of garage door technician would love to advise you on the best course of action for your door. Know more information visit us:-

© 2015 Ottawa Garage Door


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Author

Ottawa Garage Door
Ottawa Garage Door

Ottawa, On, Canada



About
Ottawa Garage Door Service offers residential and commercial garage door openers repair, part replacement, Installation & maintenance & many more services at affordable rates. Our skilled & experience.. more..

Writing