Ferocious Beast

Ferocious Beast

A Poem by P.H. Carver

I am ferocious,

I am brave,

My mighty roar demanding respect, like a gun in your back,

My soft purr, comforting to say the least,

You can only try to comprehend what I’m capable of,

Scratching away mercilessly at my enemies,

King of my small jungle, no one tells me what to do,

I am a ruthless hunter,

There is no hiding, no escaping my eye,

I will take over the world,

I am a kitty cat.

© 2011 P.H. Carver


Author's Note

P.H. Carver
This is my first poem. Some constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well it is a wonderful poem and very cleverly written. You have captured the essence of the kitteny cat, for each and every cat I have ever met is exactly what you have described. All cat lovers will love your poem and all who do not have a cat will know exactly how they are after they read your poem.They DO go from playful to raging tiger, depending on their mood.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I did not expect the poem to end saying "I am a kitty cat" thats so brilliant to me. I love this poem great job!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Cats Rule.....a great little poem x

Posted 12 Years Ago


To me, an accurate depiction of a kitten with attitude, I like the way it has been written from the perspective of the kitten, and the contrast of feral/instinctive behaviour with domestic behaviour, I liked it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love cats and I love this poem..very cute..xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


Well it is a wonderful poem and very cleverly written. You have captured the essence of the kitteny cat, for each and every cat I have ever met is exactly what you have described. All cat lovers will love your poem and all who do not have a cat will know exactly how they are after they read your poem.They DO go from playful to raging tiger, depending on their mood.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I did not expect that the creature talking is a cat and a kitten at that. It made me smile and imagine how a small one will rule the world. It must have very cute underlings and servants and the world be decorated with ribbons and colorful things. This is what I call a cute poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like the poem. This is no kitten. This beast will eat you for supper. I like the description and the very good ending. Thank you for a excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


An expression of one's potential, yet in a state of infancy about its achievement. But I think most people would take it seriously. A thought carries itself a long way. Maybe someday.....

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very nice.

While the beginning seems very strong, powerful, and demanding- The end shows just how inflated our egos can get. The kitten metaphor is a great one in this case, as cats do seem to have the biggest ego among house pets.

Even beyond that, this is great work for an apprentice.


Bravo.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

875 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 14, 2011
Last Updated on October 28, 2011
Tags: Ferocious, Beast, kitty, cat, roar

Author

P.H. Carver
P.H. Carver

NC



About
I have much to learn and the time to learn it. I've been reading books since I learned how, but the whole world of writing is new to me. I love making new friends. "Blessed are those, Who write .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..