Guilt

Guilt

A Poem by PadfootBlack

Drowning in this ocean,

A sea the color of blood

Pain

Wretched pain

Pierces the poor one's heart

A simple cry

is heard in the darkness

A deserved sob of a hurting child

A guilty soul

 

"Help.... me...."

© 2010 PadfootBlack


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great write..Enjoyed...Great when one that is guilty wants and admits that they need help..Sara

Posted 13 Years Ago


Such powerful description in this short poem. I could feel the pain and suffering in the words. You create a vision of a desperate soul. A outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


I read this, then had to go away, then re-read it. I like this. I like the symbolizm here. Guilt is like that I think, it grows and grows in intesity, until it is like a hurting child. Screaming and hurting children usually get attention, or act out in some way. What i have noticed when someone is suffering with guilt, they do things that add to, or cause more guilty feelings because they didn't know how to deal with it in the first place. Really thought provoking.

Posted 13 Years Ago


the "help .... me" in the end just accentuates the miseries of a heart that's written this .. if only the Almighty could calm the good souls ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TAO
Odd...but the feeling is obvious. Short and...bittersweet. Very well done, Padfoot.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Interesting. I do enjoy the ones where you mind has to fill in the picture, and of course I am just sick enough to wonder exactly the child needs help with.....ponder ponder ponder......

Posted 13 Years Ago


Heart wrenching and vivid. Nice piece pet.

Perhaps, instead of "A deserved sob of hurting child" maybe "of a hurting child" or "of hurting children"

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is really sad...well I hope they eventually feel better. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 21, 2010
Last Updated on August 26, 2010

Author

PadfootBlack
PadfootBlack

NY



About
Come dream with me. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..