Love's Silent Presence

Love's Silent Presence

A Poem by Parsimony

love

Love seems like an endless quest for most people but the true quest starts at home. It may not be in the form most people identify with but it exists. It’s more likely an action than a word. It’s hidden in deeper meanings. It may not be spoken daily or shown in dramatic flair but it seeps in subtle behaviour. It doesn’t tap you on the shoulder or single you out but drapes you like an invisible cloak protecting you from difficult circumstances. It tries to reach out when you are indifferent but holds back consciously. It takes the wise and gracious to offer it’s presence without imposing on your liberties. It sides with virtues and hides in sacrifices. It stalks you in moments of despair and injustice patient to reveal itself with enlightenment.

Love travels with time. It spreads over territories, leaps over borders and dances to melodies and ballads. It embodies distinction, tackles controversy. It is there when you don't look for it and absent when you do. It makes the bland extravagant, the poor exuberant, the humble gallant, the awkward elegant. It softens stoicity, it tames tyranny and malice, and humbles gentry. It redeems shame and rights wrongs. It extends its arms to prejudice. It gathers, unites and builds families. It's ubiquitous and omnipotent. It knows no boundaries rather sets its own conditions. It lingers with you after grief. It grazes me when I least expect it. It is within, at the same time, the capacity without. It accompanies us in melancholic solitude and senescence. It grows, changes and develops as you do.

© 2013 Parsimony


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You left no stone unturned :) "it humbles gentry" haha love it (excuse the pun)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Parsimony

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading and reviewing. It's a bit lengthy.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
1 Review
Added on June 2, 2013
Last Updated on June 16, 2013
Tags: love

Author

Parsimony
Parsimony

Canada



About
Bourgeois dilettante, proletarian origins. I've written in my spare time when I'm inspired. I read for inspiration when I'm not busy. I express my opinion on the good, the bad and the ugly. Jo.. more..

Writing
Freak Freak

A Poem by Parsimony