Love thy Nieghbor

Love thy Nieghbor

A Story by Chloe..Across the Universe
"

Just feeling thankful and rambling

"
I have had no inspiration for writing lately.. muse has moved away.
I really think I need a blog as I have so many thing I would love to discuss with people.
See their ideas and views on this and that.. today though, I am thankful to be here.
I am sure you all heard about the tornado's that hit Arkansas and other Southern states.
From four p.m. until 10 p.m. Donovan and I spent those hours in the closet with the T.V.
blaring. We were lucky here in my town though there was a severe thunderstorm .
However, up in Northern Arkansas .. well, it is like a war zone.. at least 13 dead .. homes
and businesses flattened and demolished.. People searching through the rubbles of what remains
of their homes. It makes me feel like crying ..Well, actually it makes me cry.

My family lives in the town of Clinton which was hard hit by the storm.. I held my breath until
I was able to get in touch with them and find that they were spared without injuries or property damage.
I was/am so thankful .. my heart arose from my stomach and went back to it's original position.
A horrible day it was. A horrible day it is for many today.

When dawn broke and the sun arose you could see the devastation of this hungry monster of a storm that made it's way across miles and miles and ate everything in it's path. To see the damage you would think more would have been killed.
So there was a silver lining , though a tear was in it .. I am just thankful to be here.
Something like this shows us how quickly lives can change, end. Makes you think, re-prioritize... Everyone is helping
each other .. supporting each other here in Arkansas.

I have not been online as much lately. I felt I was spending more time reading and writing than with Donovan..
Almost two now he is really developing his own personality and learning so much .. drinking in words, one in particular
he pronounces so funny.. dangerous.. or dang-ju-us... as he is always unplugging and replugging electrical plugs... so I
have told him it is a no no and very dangerous. So much to learn for he and I..

I guess this is a blog after all.

Peace and Love to all of my neighbors on Writers Cafe ... we have been through our own 'tornado' in our cyber community
yet as here, we stay and pull together like good neighbors do.. so let's all love our neighbors here and there.

© 2008 Chloe..Across the Universe


Author's Note

Chloe..Across the Universe
I love you all and thanks for reading if you do or if you don't

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh Chloe, I had no idea you were in this area and I thank God that you and your family are all right! Yes I saw this on the news and the devastation looks horrendous...beyond horrendous actually. My prayers and thoughts are with you and yours and with those who lost family members and everything they own.

If you need anything, let me know, okay? I mean that too.

*HUGS*


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Thank you , Chloe, for sharing your experiences and part of
your life. Your writing as usual is excellent, you need no
help in that area, just keep writing, that is all that most of us
can offer, the energy to keep writing.
It is 5:53 A.M here on the West Coast and I would not even have
seen your story, but unable to sleep, I noticed you in THE STREAM.
I certainly hope the group is of some help.
Thank you !
----- Eagle Cruagh

Posted 16 Years Ago


thank you for sharing your personal story. I didn't know what I was reading when I first clicked on it but it is nice to hear a real vent. I am glad to know your family survived it. It is also a pleasure to read about Donovan.

peace to you,

Danielle

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thanks for telling us that you are OK and survived the devastation. I think this 'blog' puts the WC into perspective a bit more. I am feeling, as you are, that life seems to drift away when you are writing all the time on here. I don't need to say this, but whatever you do, don't neglect Donovan. He's at a curious age and learning everything and needs you - so do your folks at home.
What happened here was nothing. When you have someone next to you breathing your love, that is everything.
I'm sure your muse will return, you have, after all, provided much amusement in the past and also some very important deep reads. Looking forward to the next one but there is no hurry!!!



Posted 16 Years Ago


Devastation causes one to reflect, reorganize and refocus and for this boy, relocate. I'll gladly visit you here, always, and promise to include every bit of writing I eke out, always thinking of how inspiration grabbed you and shook and a rain of poetry, stories, thoughts, phrases and yes, even more inspiration flows from you. It makes me think fondly of how magical it must be when Dono smiles and your eyes, lighting up twice as brightly as all available light, laugh as your mouth forms upturned scriggles and giggle erupt from both of you. Children of the plains we know these things... and for the world, may they share our open hearts and someday, maybe someday soon, our hearts will warm by a fire in a hearth somewhere... together, giggling, wriggling and silly faces scriggling screwed up smiles and laughter, lighting yet another fire as someone lit in me once, long distance line burning up both ways and in that moment the vision of the future was born in the possibilities presented in all the forms of maybe, could be, if we, if you and when we, if we were to and one plus two were added up and the answer, lay in the lowlands, somewhere in the space beneath the fresh mowed lawns and the trees swaying, scriggling their silly smiles breaking dawn to bringing dusk to us... sleeping soundly when you wake and look sidelong, glancing into that green-gray darkness that slightly familiar ghosting of air between here and there will be my smile, scriggling and somewhere else, in my peripherals peeking into my line of vision, two twisted grins, one this side and one there, descend upon me and for that moment and this one while thinking of then, I find the peace I once thought only exists for those lucky enough to have their dreams come true. But, because of a wind blowing syren like through the seasons, a soul like mine, tagging along an imp of an angel, whispers and for once I can hear the sound of what I pray for both day and night, a laugh and a giggle, mouth screwed up in a scriggle, hissing lovingly and making sure I know that with one finger I can reach out and push the button that makes it all possible, always there and waiting for my touch, the snooze alarm, apparently the only way back to you and direct flight into the finery and fancy that fills my heart in lieu of real time love and physical passion and somewhere, in the midst of this, lovers look up in the sky and scriggle their smiles and hold each other closer, capturing what can only be described as magical and mystical and more than anything else, much of what we know makes our world and the world around us alive, our love, for humanity, for everyone seemingly to point where what binds us together is what also keeps us apart... and when we find the way, not even a tornado in Arkansas will keep me away...

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You're awesome! That was pretty tragic. It was kind of interesting to watch the twisters on television from the perspective of sheer, epic, natural beauty. And, you're right. It could have been a lot worse.

Nice write.

-Gabe


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I changed my mind, Re-prioritized. I'm glad I did. You've been through so much this week. I'm so glad you and Donovan are safe. I got my kids up in the middle of the night, too. We watched the news broadcasts until the satellite lost signal then I sent the kids to the utility room with blankets to put over their heads. We weren't hit as hard as you and those in Tennessee. We were lucky this time.

We will pull together. One big dysfuntional family here in the cafe. Never thought that would happen when I came here. Love to you and your family. Hang in there.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Oh Chloe, I had no idea you were in this area and I thank God that you and your family are all right! Yes I saw this on the news and the devastation looks horrendous...beyond horrendous actually. My prayers and thoughts are with you and yours and with those who lost family members and everything they own.

If you need anything, let me know, okay? I mean that too.

*HUGS*


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I love you and your heart, Chloe...you are sooo compassionate and it shows in every writing you write. I am in NY so I wasn't hit but I saw this on the news and my heart sunk...I can't take seeing even one person die or suffer...as far as this community, YES- we are much like those who go through disaster, we stick together and help one another! Peace and love to you, hun...you are a true, bright star :) I am glad you and your family are okay! Also, some of your phrases in this were amazing...loved the silver lining with the tear...beautiful!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The picture is of the tornado that stayed on the ground for miles and miles..

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

363 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2008
Last Updated on February 6, 2008

Author

Chloe..Across the Universe
Chloe..Across the Universe

Smalltown, USA, AR



About
Sometimes i feel like an alien in a strange land..can you relate? I love people and friends are just that to me , friends-if you request me as a friend it would be nice if you read something I have .. more..

Writing