I Believe

I Believe

A Story by Chloe..Across the Universe
"

Some things I believe in ..

"

I have a few things to tell you. Perhaps after reading them you may not think I am cool, and perhaps before or not ever reading them you did and do not think of me as cool. This to me is of no consequence and this does not cease my belief in you.

God .. I do believe in God above .. I know he is real. Did I see him? No. Did I feel him? Yes.
Many times he has picked me up and set me back on my feet. He has told me I am his child and he loves me when I cried , ' no one cares if I live or die, so why try' .. why indeed. I have many reasons for trying. A little boy whom I adore and thank God for. I will say my belief in God may not be that of a fundamental Christian. I do not judge. If you believe in Gods and Goddesses I respect that. There are many things in this cosmic realm that are possible. When I pray I use candles and incense. I love Nature and since God created Nature and her beauty, I also believe in her. And I will take to her and ask the wind to take my message to those i think of .. and i will ask God to place me in their heart as I need to hear from them. Now, you may say this is not a true Christian.. this is my way. I feel at peace with it.

I believe in love. It can heal us. It can make our hearts pound and our senses reel. The love of a lover. The one you not only share your heart and soul and dreams and secrets with , the one you share your body with. Making love is a spiritual thing. Love can take the shells that have hardened our hearts and dissolve them. We can reach out to others and share not only love but whatever we have that they may need. Love thy neighbor.. 'That which you did for other's you also did for me , says my God.

The love of our parents and family and friends. I would take a bullet for anyone I love.
I had many problems with my parents. They did not always agree with my choices and I felt at times a failure in their eyes..But I know they loved and love me unconditionally. They are gone from this realm now .. left too soon, too young and I miss them so. To hear my mother tell me to get off my a*s and get busy .. to hear my daddy say, I love you Pattykins... yes, my name is Patty.. Patty Suzanne.. Patricia to be exact. A name I did not like .. now I love it because they chose if for me me with love.. and they made me from love .. so ..why should I hate a name given in love? Chloe is a name I use for writing .. and she is also a little part of me. Do I have multiple personalities.. no, just different aspects of me. I think we all do.

I feel off track so let me gather my thoughts into one basket.. this is hard for me .. my thoughts go from here to the top of the Himalayans where the Dali  Lama sits and meditates and teaches.
I believe in you .. all of you .. I read your thoughts, I read your comments and I believe in you.
And I do love you all .. each and everyone of you has touched me and my heart, thank you so much ...it feels nice being filled with love..

I believe that our world needs so much love to heal .. our leaders need to be loving people and i see few...I am sorry .. they seem wrapped up in too much to love us .. and love is something a government needs in my opinion.. ok.. ramble on about love and how love can change a life, a heart, nations .. as I said you may not think of me as cool and that's fine .. I love you ...

Shine on .. and on .. perhaps like a 'Crazy Diamond'.. but that's ok .. as long as you believe in something and stand for something .. and whatever you do , be it dig a ditch , plant a flower, run a machine in a plant , run a multi-million dollar corporation , serve people food.. be a mother, father , write ... whatever you do do it with passion... passion! Red and bright.

I may not be cool...sometimes believes such as mine are not cool... but I am passionate and do it all with passion.. Let that passion burn through you.. let the love heal you and never give up on love.. as Carly sings, ' I know nothing stays the same, but if you're willing to play the game it's comin' 'round again'.... and it will love never stays away.

 

© 2008 Chloe..Across the Universe


Author's Note

Chloe..Across the Universe
I have read so many poems that blast Christians and Christianity .. i read them.. some i see where they are coming from ...you can't judge all who believe in the Holy One, God , by the likes of Pat Robertson , Falwell and so many others.. so i wanted to just say though i am not one to judge others and i say live and let live .. just saying i believe.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

there is a lot stated here - everyone believes and worships in their own way - the way that touches their own soul and heart. That which brings them comfort in a world where we all need it. I never judge others - I believe in God and I worship when and where and how I choose - and I afford everyone else the same privelidge (sp?) . a great write.

*hugs*

laura

P.S. all my prayers are with you and Donovan. Hope the doctors figure something out.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It is not always easy to share what you believe. I have spent the last few years discussing religion and politics in groups on Yahoo and MSN. More think like you than you imagine. Of course there are many who will argue, but to me, religion is between each individual and their idea of the Divine. I think you expressed it very well. Kudos.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I am a Christian and feel somewhat like you do..Why blast anothers beliefs or opinions when my God says to pray for the lost ones and I do..the world is filled with lost and lonely people that need love..I found love with the Master and He straightened out my life..Say what you believe but do not knock anothes beliefs..Pray for their souls..God bless..Good write..Valentine

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Belief in something, if not each other, is the most important thing in life. Fundamentally this belief needs to be first in yourself or if not there then to be with some other body that gives the feeling to you. I agree that religion in general is often pulled apart and not appreciated for the good it does to people.
As you also identify, love makes the world go round - it's just sad that world leaders pretend to ignore this and create war to terrorise us all.
Interesting piece, revealing and intriguing.


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

My beliefs are very similar to yours as they are stated here. I try very hard to judge no one. I have not been given that authority.
I believe it is essential that we love our neighbors as ourselves. No one does-but we all should.
This is a thoughtful and well written piece.
Nice job Patty.


Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I believe too and I believe in you too, Patty. You are VERY cool...I have always thought that and I continue to think so. Your heart is always there, in everything you write. As far as christianity...I don't think it's right to judge anyone either as that is up to God and God only. But sometimes people stereotype based on Falwell and others like him...it's wrong and you are right about it all. I think love heals all things too...thank you for sharing this part of yourself with us...Much luv, Jenny

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

I am so very glad that you have shared with us! This piece is full of passion and written straight from the heart, your heart that is so very beautiful, caring and loving. I also believe in Abba, God our creator. I think that it is so sad that Religion, which is from the world and not of God has given our creator such a bad rap. I studied many religions trying to find God, and it's seemed that each religion had to have it their way or no way. So I choose to worship God in my own way, daily prayer, meditation on the word, and trying to live a life that shares the love of God. I agree with what you said Love heals and can bring about changes that nothing else can. I am praying that God will comfort you during this time that Donovan is not well, and know that all will be fine! Hang in there my S.I.S. ~ Jude XOXO

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

there is a lot stated here - everyone believes and worships in their own way - the way that touches their own soul and heart. That which brings them comfort in a world where we all need it. I never judge others - I believe in God and I worship when and where and how I choose - and I afford everyone else the same privelidge (sp?) . a great write.

*hugs*

laura

P.S. all my prayers are with you and Donovan. Hope the doctors figure something out.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Is this a mantra or mission statement of yours? I like the Pink Floyd reference-shine on indeed. Much pf your other work has been darker and some what dire, but this piece is uplifting and inspiring. Nicely written.
-jr

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Well, Welcome back my friend. I am so glad you have choosen to write again your passion has been an inspiration to me at a time I felt uninspired. Very well said as always
Hugs Debby

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

343 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 29, 2008
Last Updated on March 1, 2008

Author

Chloe..Across the Universe
Chloe..Across the Universe

Smalltown, USA, AR



About
Sometimes i feel like an alien in a strange land..can you relate? I love people and friends are just that to me , friends-if you request me as a friend it would be nice if you read something I have .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Primitive Man Primitive Man

A Story by Rain