Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
I Never Noticed

I Never Noticed

A Poem by Chloe..Across the Universe
"

took anyone for granted?

"

 

 

I never noticed how the light shines from your eyes 
till you were gone

I never noticed how your laughter made me happy 
till you were gone

I never noticed how the curve of your mouth sent my heart racing 
till you were gone

I never noticed how your kisses left me shaking 
till you were gone

I never noticed how my breath caught when you speak
till you were gone

I never noticed how much I love you 
now that you're gone

 

© 2008 Chloe..Across the Universe


Author's Note

Chloe..Across the Universe
many ' i never noticeds' but sometimes we don't seem to notice till it was too late .. taking people for granted.. not good...be they friends, lovers, moms, dads, sisters or brothers.. you never know ...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

But after 32 years of married you forget, you take it for granted they will always be there, then puff they're gone. You would give anything for one minute with them, to hear their voice, see their eyes shine and for one more kiss.

A very well written poem and an excellent message. Beautifully penned. Great job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Chloe this was magnificent.. You hit this right on the head. No, we never know till the deed is done. I have lost many like this and thought of them often throughout my life.. Such sadness comes forth, and I feel still lingers within me on their no longer being in my life.. Wonderful my friend..

Hugs
Mags xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


"You don't really know what you got till it's gone."

Lovely poem....and so very true.

Posted 13 Years Ago


undying love and heartache is the tapestry of emotions you so gracefully
render in all poetic glory, this is beautiful sorrow

Posted 13 Years Ago


Yes, and I say it with regret. Time seems complacent when we have the ones around us we so care for and love, but when they are gone it seems like we really didn't know what we had, or maybe we did, but didn't tell them how we truly felt. A true verse of remembrance.

Great Write Chloe!
RLG,
Tommy


Posted 13 Years Ago


the feeling perfectly expressed , and a reminder to keep lighting sparks of appreciation ..

Posted 13 Years Ago


How true these words. I'd venture to say that we all amont to so much more than we appear at a casual glance. When my younger brother passed away, his wife and daughter were overwhelmed at all the things that suddenly didn't get taken care of. It's too easy to under-value those around us.

Posted 13 Years Ago


So true, Chloe! Many times we don't appreciate what we have until it is too late. Lovely wordcrafting!

Posted 13 Years Ago


We miss them when they are gone, realising the heart remembers them.

Posted 13 Years Ago


" Oh, ain't that the way it always seems to go; you don't know what you've got till it's gone...." Joni Mitchell from Big Yellow Taxi

Yes, there are people who would "pave Paradise to put up a parking lot"... shallow, selfish people who think more of themselves than others...very much like the political machines which run our governments....they think their power comes from themselves and their machine instead of, "the consent of the governed"...but I think America is about due for another revolution. Thomas Jefferson said we'd have to have one from time to time to preserve democracy...and I think it's past due.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

960 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on March 26, 2008
Last Updated on March 28, 2008

Author

Chloe..Across the Universe
Chloe..Across the Universe

Smalltown, USA, AR



About
Sometimes i feel like an alien in a strange land..can you relate? I love people and friends are just that to me , friends-if you request me as a friend it would be nice if you read something I have .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..