Blood Times Three

Blood Times Three

A Poem by Chloe..Across the Universe
"

some things forever haunt us

"

 

 

 

 

It's back
the blood
so red, dark haunting
crimson red

She washes
washes, washes
her hands again
and again
over and over
over

Look, she says to
anyone
everyone
Look, look
my hands
my hands

She washes them
scrubs, rubs so hard
more blood she sees

Look, she says to
anyone
everyone
blood on my hands

They only nod
look at her with
a small amount of
a bit of apprehension

She is on, over
the brink
they all think

She scrubs more
over and over
harder, harder
this blood times three

The blood of
innocence x 3
crimson red
forever staining
flowing
from her hands 

Oh how it haunts her  

© 2010 Chloe..Across the Universe


Author's Note

Chloe..Across the Universe
im sure you can figure this simple poem for yourself
seems no one got my meaning but their own which is good.. it is actually about using abortion as a means of birth control...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Gripping.....and your use of repetitive wording certainly adds to the punch, the impact of the poem!
She has blood on her hands, and it haunts her, crimson red, staining, more caused by effort to cleanse self of acts, thoughts!
I hope you are entering this in the "haunted" contest! It is very good!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Him too, he sees in the youth that run by all that won't be.

Posted 11 Years Ago


this is really good! this is really deep and i can totally relate and understand "Look, she says to; anyone; everyone; blood on my hands" EPIC.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Vin
I really like this, it can hold so many different meanings, I read it three times and found more ideas each time! Although, it goes great with abortion, as a reader you can really feel the pain that speaker is going through and her guilt. An amazing piece, well done!

-Beth

Posted 13 Years Ago


this was realy good, i wouldn't of known what your meaning was if you hadnt said it yourself. this can be interpreted in many ways.

Posted 14 Years Ago


wow,my exwife belongs to that group, i wish i was mean enough to email this to her. i'm sure she lives with her own demons everyday though, again a wonderful piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is scary.It makes you think of your choice to have sex and give up a human being becasue you were being careless.If i could i would post this in every hospital where the murdering act of abortion is commited.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I'm all for freedom of choice. But the choice is this...do I get pregnant from having sex without protection and run the risk of veneral disease, AIDS and hepetitis or do I act responsibly and protect myself, my partner and both our bodies, spirits and minds. That is the choice, not, (Do I murder this child I have conceived through my own disrespectful and ignorant actions or not) There are at least a dozen types of pregnancy prevention and many of them are available free of charge from the County Health Dept. in every state. Great poem Chloe, I'll climb off my soapbox now.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is amazing, you have a great talent.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Such a powerful write here.
I like this blood on her hands that haunts her..wonderful use of words.
This is amazing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Abortion is a hard topic. I learn in my lifetime to dislike abortion for things lost that I never knew. I taught my children. If you must have sex. Safety, safety and more safety. The misery and sadness effect a life till death. A powerful poem. I could feel the internal battle.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

919 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 20, 2009
Last Updated on April 17, 2010

Author

Chloe..Across the Universe
Chloe..Across the Universe

Smalltown, USA, AR



About
Sometimes i feel like an alien in a strange land..can you relate? I love people and friends are just that to me , friends-if you request me as a friend it would be nice if you read something I have .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..