No Master Peace

No Master Peace

A Poem by Chloe..Across the Universe

Much to my chagrin
And I say this with 
A shy grin...
I have not written my master piece 
Yet!
No, the Master peace is not yet attained 

Much to my dismay
Even though I would never
Dis May my writing is 
Stifled (but not stiff)
Smothered (without gravy) 

Sad to say this Monday
Can't trust that day..
My writing is 
Sad (with sniffles)
Bad (not like Michael Jackson bad)
Pathetically unpoetic (un-correct)

Much to my chagrin 
No master peace
For me or you...
Yet


© 2011 Chloe..Across the Universe


Author's Note

Chloe..Across the Universe
quick quack play on words.. much to my dismay unpoetically incorrect
just popped into my head here at manage / add writing .. does it show? LoL!
Seriously, no my name isn't Shirley please don't call me that!- but in all honesty- this sucks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

" I got me a date with Botticelli's neice...see, she promised she was going to be there...when I paint my masterpiece" Bob Dylan

Dis may be a masterpiece child, you can't never tell what folks is going to like...they is so fickle. ((((hug)))))

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the tone of this piece. It flows softly, playfully and is witty...I think we all wait for that one masterpiece...I thought this was a clever write...nicely done...

Posted 13 Years Ago


This may be closer to being a master piece than you think, Chloe.
This may not be all about writting, but,at least, in part about war and the struggle it takes to gain peace once a war begins..Like much humor, this poem is jolly on the surface, but may be shaded black beneath its words..Hidden like the full truth of war, which is never told.

Maybe not a master piece, but a more excellent poem, than you might imagine.

"A mind at peace does not engender wars".
SOPHOCLES, Oedipus Rex




Posted 13 Years Ago


no master peace!! Classic.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I wouldn't call any of my pieces master, but I have to admit, the ones I really like have not done too well in the reviewing eyes of others. I really like this Chloe, it is a constant quest isn't it?

Great Writing!
RLG,
Tommy


Posted 13 Years Ago


I have a question, what will you do when you finally write your master piece? This poem is too funny and it is cute in an adorable way. The funny thing about master pieces is that when you finally write it you will think this is the poem of all poems but everyone else will think it is okay compared to other works of yours that they already love. It is a never ending cycle, once you write one you have to write it again and again and again.. I am still looking for mine too as long as I am looking the more I write. I fear once I write it then my muse will retire. Now that would suck!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This reminds us that war and peace are always opposite sides of the same coin my friend.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i enjoyed this. maybe it's not a master peace but writing like this will keep us entertained the the master piece comes along.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I carry a book through three war zones. Over a 100 soldiers read the book and return it to me. The "One hundred and one famous poems". Written in 1958. I always dream to have one poem that would be remembered. All writers want to be remembered for a masterpiece that will be picks up and read. A very good poem. I believe best honor for a writers is to be read and remembered.
"Sad to say this Monday
Can't trust that day.."
A outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really enjoyed this one, it was fun and cute. Well done

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

817 Views
23 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 28, 2011
Last Updated on March 28, 2011

Author

Chloe..Across the Universe
Chloe..Across the Universe

Smalltown, USA, AR



About
Sometimes i feel like an alien in a strange land..can you relate? I love people and friends are just that to me , friends-if you request me as a friend it would be nice if you read something I have .. more..

Writing