The Writing On The Wall

The Writing On The Wall

A Story by SeaJay
"

This story is taken from my memory's warehouse where it has been stored for many years. It is just one of many stories that will fall under my future blog or book titled.... ' Behind Closed Doors '.

"

         The Writing On The Wall


Two young girls, ages five and six, were upstairs in thier shared bedroom playing together just like they did every day, however on this day they seemed to be a little bored and looking for a way to chase the dulldums away.  The older of the two suggested they crawl under the bed and pull the blanket over the side until it draped down, hiding the two bodies beneath.

They loved to build blanket forts and pretend they were anywhere but stuck in thier bedroom with nothing to keep them occupied.

It was during this time that the older sibling,( by 14 months ), produced a pencil and a mischievous grin spread across her face like the rays of the sun kissing the grass and the trees when it rose every morning.  She pivoted her small frame until it was facing the wall under the bed. The younger sibling did as her sister and faced the blank canvas before them.

They took turns sharing the pencil and doodling on the faded wallpaper just above the wooden baseboard.

They were giggling and having a grand ol' time.

The six year old took the pencil and began to draw a ' W ' but it was curved not pointed, and to them resembled a butt!

So because of that, she then added three varying sizes of circles, below the W.  She went as far as telling her younger sibling that she just drew a butt and caca balls.  The two little girls giggled and laughed and were enjoying the fun they had created. At this time an even younger sibling, who was three and a half, walked through the bedroom door to the bed where she could hear her sisters laughing , and lifted the blanket to see what they were doing.

The giggling girls stopped laughing as soon as the blanket lifted from the floor as they peered into the curious face of thier even younger sibling. They both  shooed her away, saying she could not join in the game as she was not old enough to understand the rules. She totted away unhappily and they didnt give her a second thought while they continued with thier doodling game. After some time they got bored with what they were doing and crawled out from beneath the bed in search of something else they could do to pass the time.


The five year old sat in the room waiting for her sibling to return when all of a sudden thier mother appeared , standing in the door frame, looking not too happy at the moment.

Before the third out of six children could open her mouth, her mother began asking, " What have you and your sister been up to while playing in your room? " The child said, " just playing, Mommy."

" And exactly how were you playing?", she asked her young daughter. " I dont see any toys laying around.", she informed her.  Now the young girl cant quite comprehend what her mother's attitude is for, and why SHE is the object of her frustration as well as target for her anger. She didn't realize that earlier when they sent the baby sibling away, that she went right to thier mother and told on her siblings.


The mother walked over to the twin bed against one wall and easily pulled it away from where it sat. She bent down for a moment, staring at the handiwork of her two budding artists, and with a sideways head nod, beckoned her weary child over to where she stood.There on the wall, in heavily laden pencil, was the image of a butt releasing three caca balls, into thin air apparently because nothing else was drawn except that little doodle.  {wooo}

The young child cringed when she realized her older, apparently non caring sibling, forgot to erase thier incriminating doodle.


Her mother informed her that she had been downstairs getting  the whole family ready to go visit thier grandparents in the city, twenty miles away from where they lived in the country; but because her daughter decided to vandalize the wall in her bedroom... she would not be going and would remain behind.

 The mother left the upstairs bedroom in a huff.

When she returned moments later, she was carrying a large plastic bucket of some sort, and a single roll of toilet paper in the other hand.


At her daughter's questioning look, she informed her that she would be locked in her bedroom while the family was out visiting, and that the bucket was provided for her to pee in while they were gone!

No! This couldn't be happening, could it? She just couldn't believe that someone who gave her life, fed and clothed her, would be so upset, so angry....as to lock her five year old daughter in an upstairs bedroom for a simple drawing, (with no over hang roof beneath to jump onto if she attempted to escape through the window), with a five gallon bucket and some Charmin!


To the little girls horror, her mother turned around without another word, closed the bedroom door and slipped the hook through the eye as she locked it from the hallway.

The panic stricken girl heard the noise from below as her siblings and both parents left the house and clamoured into the family station wagon. She ran to the bedroom windows, face and hands pressed against the glass as she tried to see the vehicle in the driveway. Slowly it back out onto the street. She could see some of her siblings crying, staring back at her in disbelief as the car pull away from view. 


 In a panic she ran to the door, grabbed the knob and twisted and pulled with all her being, but the the little eye hook lock screwwed into the doorjam just was not giving an inch.

 In frustration and fear, she threw herself onto her bed in a fit of tears. It seemed like forever in her mind, but out of the stillness and in between sobs, she thought she heard a noise from below. She was all alone in the house, or so she thought. Now she had Lord knows what. lurking in the lower half of her house, as she is locked away in her bedroom with nowhere to flee.


She tiptoed to the door to listen and spy on the would be burgular, when she unmistakingly heard the sound of feet on the stairs.

She almost tripped herself as she hurredly backed away from the locked door.


To her utter amazement, the bedroom door flew open and instead of looking into the face of a monster, a child killer, or worse....she stared at the tear stained face of her six year old sister, partner in crime, and freer of the prisoner!


Apparently the family only pulled  the car far enough away from view for the child to think she was left behind and they returned for her in less than five minutes.

 The parents tried a "scare tactic" on her in an attempt to dissuade her, and the rest of the children from adding any more grafiti to the walls of thier bedroom in the future. 

 She ran down the staircase and swears her feet never touched the tread, as she tore out of the house and into the awaiting vehicle, where she grabbed a spot and buckeled in before anyone changed thier minds again.

 And off they went, like one big happy family, to the city to visit with thier grandparents like nothing had ever happened.

© 2019 SeaJay


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on February 12, 2019
Last Updated on August 8, 2019
Tags: true stories, drama, non fiction