Last Piece of Home

Last Piece of Home

A Poem by Elisa
"

Written after saying the most difficult farewell to my last high school friend.

"
Our final goodbye -
I should have held you longer...
Trains wait for no one.

© 2015 Elisa


Author's Note

Elisa
Sorry for the short poem today guys, but I wrote this as a haiku instead of free verse. I still hope you enjoy it, thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!
<3 Elisa

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

beautiful haiku, very much enjoyed and i think everyone can relate to this one

Posted 9 Years Ago


Elisa

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much! I'm so glad you liked it!
The length of a piece does not determine the strength of validity. Haiku's can be very powerful and you have managed to get a strong image and many emotions across with this one. Well done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Elisa

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much :)
Chase

9 Years Ago

You're very welcome Elisa :)
No need for more words, because even in this brevity were you able to convey the lamenting goodbye jolted too soon by trains that "wait for no one." I am sorry you had to part with a friend. It is always very difficult.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Elisa

9 Years Ago

Thank you. I'm really glad you enjoyed the poem!
Oh Elisa, I`ve been always right. You are really hot.. aren't you, my dear? Oh, of course, you are. Don`t be shy. lol

You`ve opened your blueberry heart to this poetry. Your lime emotions are well captured to your words as well... that I always love `bout you. It`s, of course, very hard saying goodbye to those who`re very close to our hearts so, I do deeply understand the feeling as well as the worth of this short poetry.

Elisa, your "Haiku" is one of my favorites .. as same as, to be honest, you are one of my favorites as well. Keep writing... hey, i`m sure, one day, you`d be walking over the sky as a professional queen of literature. Don`t give up. Always keep smiling & posting with love!


Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Elisa

9 Years Ago

Awww thank you so much for being so kind to me and faithful to my work!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

271 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 20, 2015
Last Updated on April 10, 2015
Tags: goodbye, friendship, high school, graduation, college, love

Author

Elisa
Elisa

Los Angeles, CA



About
Hello everyone! I really appreciate you stopping by! I post new poems every Monday and Friday, so feel free to check them out and let me know what you think. Thank you so much, and have an awesome day.. more..

Writing
Doubt Pt. 2 Doubt Pt. 2

A Poem by Elisa


Healed Healed

A Poem by Elisa



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..