Jedi Academy

Jedi Academy

A Story by PickledEel

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away:

Ten years after the Battle of Endor, the IMPERIAL REMNANT continues to be driven back by the NEW REPUBLIC, forcing the imperials to adopt increasingly desperate tactics in the ongoing struggle. Meanwhile, Jedi Master LUKE SKYWALKER  moves to restore the JEDI to their formal place as peacekeepers of the galaxy at his JEDI ACADEMY on Yavin 4. JADEN KORR, a promising student from Coruscant, is en route to the Academy after achieving the impossible: creating a lightsaber without any formal Jedi training....

 

The four engine shuttle descends on a planet with eager students. In the shuttle the pilot says "We'll be at the academy in a few moments."

"That would be great" says a student named Rosh. He then draws his attention to a student sitting near him named Jaden. He then says to Jaden "Aren't you excited? We're going to be Jedi! Learning the ways of the force, building a lightsaber... Oh of course, you already have one. I'm gonna get one of those stupid training sabers and then...

Jaden says "I wouldn't worry about that. Rosh says I can't help it. I want to make a good impression..."

"You seem really nervous." 

Rosh got out his seat. Aren't you? I mean why would you be? You already have a lightsaber so you're probably way ahead of me."

He then introduced himself. "I'm Rosh, by the way." There was a long pause. "Um... What's your name?"

"Jaden."

"So where'd you get that lightsaber?"

Jaden started to answer: "Well, it's kind of a long story. I found myself on..."

The all of a sudden the shuttle started rocking about all over the place and someone says "Hold on!" The shuttle then fell out of the sky and crash lands on the planet below. Then a voice from the radio says: "Academy to Yavin Runner 2. Do you copy"? The pilot responded with "Loud and clear. We made an emergency landing several clicks west of the Academy".

The other end responsed "Is everyone all right?"

"I think so."

The receiver says "Good, we'll send a shuttle to pick you up. Can you lead the students to the nearby Massassi Temple?"

Unknown to everyone was a bad guy named Alora who was listening in on Luke Skywalker's conversation. The pilot respond with

"Affirmative, Academy. We'll meet you there."

Then Alora snuck into Luke's office and started going through his records and then when she was through she quickly darted away. Down in the jungle the pilot talks via comlink and says:

"Jaden, we can't get to you. Make your way to the temple. The shuttle will meet us there."

Then Rosh shouts "Jaden, hey! I'm stuck. Can you help"?

"Hold on, Rosh! I'm on my way".

So as Jaden walked over to a small tree crossing a small river Rosh says "Jaden see if you can make your way around there". He then says "Maybe you can use your lightsaber to cut those trees down and make a bridge".

"Thanks Jaden , let's get to the temple". As they progress through the jungle they come across animals called Howlers. These are dreadful creatures that have a high pitch howl and whenever you get close enough you can't stand the high pitched sound. After the howlers are disposed of Rosh says with sigh of relief, "These howlers make good target practice, eh, Jaden?" 

They then get to a door that is locked and there's this lever behind some bars beside it.

"There must be a way to open this" said Jaden.

"No problem."

He uses force pull to pull that hidden lever to open the door. They continue their journey through the jungle going across a little bridge and ending up at a little river with rocks at the base. They come across another tree. Rosh says "Hey, maybe you can use your saber to make another bridge."

After the bridge is built he then says "Great lets go." They then progress there way through the jungle and are within several meters of the temple when Rosh says with authority

"Jaden, get down! There's stormtroopers in the clearing!"

He  then says softly "maybe you should check it out."

Jaden looks at Rosh and looks at him as if to say "Me?"

"You're the one with the lightsaber after all."

So Jaden goes to confront the stormtroopers and he takes care of them with ease. Just then a Sith with dark Jedi training and a lightsaber comes out and confronts Jaden. They battle it out for a while until the Sith  is finally defeated. Then Jaden crossed a river to a temple where he looks around the corner of it and finds Alora and two big body guards with her holding a scepter glowing at the temple.

Then Jaden accidentally knocks some debris and Alora turn with the scepter still glowing and Jaden gets knocked out cold. When he comes too he finds three figures looking over at him lying on the ground.   "Huh? What? Who are you?

"Kyle Katarn, at Your service. Welcome to a day in the life of a Jedi."

"What happened?"

"We were kind of hoping you could tell us."

Rosh said "I saw this huge flash of light and ran over to find you just lying unconscious."

Luke came over and asked " Do you recall anything?" Jaden struggled to recall.

"I... I saw three people. One was holding some sort of scepter and it was glowing. That's all I can remember."

Rosh turns to Luke and Kyle and says "A scepter? That sounds bad." Luke then says to Jaden "Are you able to stand?"

"Yeah... I'm okay." Luke then turns and says to Kyle "I sense a disturbance in the Force."

Kyle replied sarcastically "You always sense a disturbance in the force. But Yeah, I sense it too. It could just be residual Dark side aura from this temple."

Luke softly replies "Perhaps... "

Then he says "Kyle, Why don't you..." Kyle stops him there and says "Stay here and investigate? I'd love to. Why don't you take the kids back home now?"

Luke then says "Be careful Kyle." He then says to the students "everyone follow me to the shuttle." Rosh then says to Jaden with a state of shock on his face "I think was Luke Skywalker. I can't believe it!" Then another kind of shuttle ascends from the planet and then goes into hyperspace. On another ship in space Alora confronts her master and she asks "Did you recover Skywalker's records?" She then chuckles and says "Yes. With all the Jedi in the jungle, it was almost too easy."

"Excellent" her master replies. Back on the planet Luke is talking to the students.

"I'd like to welcome all our new students to the Jedi Academy. Here, we will train you in the ways of the Force. You will learn to defend yourself with a lightsaber. You will also study diplomacy, history and more. It has been the practice of the Jedi to assign each student to a Master. However, since there are still so few of us, we'll be assigning multiple students to one Master. So Raitharan, you will be assigned to Master Horn..."

Rosh turn to Jaden excitedly "I can't wait to begin my training!"

Luke came up to them and said "Rosh Penin. You will be assigned to Master Kyle Katarn. Jaden Korr, you'll also work with Master Katarn. Now let's begin with your first lessons. And may the Force be with you."

After the students had dispersed Kyle came back from checking out what he had found out about the temple.

"There was nothing. But the area around the temple felt strange, like its dark side aura was gone." "Troubling," said a worried sounded Luke. "But let's look into this later. Your students are ready to get started." Master Katarn, it's an honor to be serving under you" said a enjoyous Rosh. Kyle replied with "First off, just call me Kyle. Titles make my skin crawl. Secondly, you're not serving under me. I am going to teach and you are going to learn. That's it."

Rosh says apologetically "I -I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you."

Kyle chuckled"Don't worry Rosh, you didn't. I've been offended by professionals. Now, let's see what you two kids can do. Follow me to the training grounds."  

They reported to the training grounds to begin Force power training with Kyle Katarn. Kyle began with "Ahem, This is one of the many training grounds here at the Academy. I'm going to put you two in separate courses. When you're ready, Jaden, go through that door. Rosh, follow me." 

Jaden went through one door and found a small courtyard with stone walls surrounding it and little shrubs on the ground. He went to the next doors and finds the training grounds. Kyle walked along the top wall on either side he has Rosh and Jaden waiting instructions of what to do next. Kyle started by saying

"This course will familiarize you with your core Force abilities. These are powers that every Force user has. As you progress in your training you will learn new abilities. Both light and Dark sides will be open to you. Remember abilities are not inherently good or evil. It's how you use them. Every Jedi is naturally stronger in different area's of the force. It will be up to you to decide what to focus on. Alright, lets get started. In the area, you'll find some traing remotes. These will help you learn how to handle a lightsaber. Ready?"

"Ready" says an excited Rosh. "Ready" says Jaden. As Jaden enters this area 4 metres by 30 metres Kyles says "Here come the remotes! Jaden starts fighting half a dozen remotes off until Rosh says "Done". Kyle says "Nice work, Rosh." Jaden finaly beats the remotes and turns off his sabre.

© 2008 PickledEel


Author's Note

PickledEel
First time writer - crafted on his mobile phone. Great effort.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

nice but u copyed that from an game

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

705 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 23, 2008