Creep.

Creep.

A Story by ZaneFame
"

Ah, a Minecraft fanfic. Creepers are deeply misunderstood after all.

"
Darkness began to fall upon the world, the moon shone bright in the starry sky. This isn't so bad, the night isn't as scary when the moon is full. The creeper smiled nervously at himself.I’ll just find a nice place to settle in for the night. As he crept along, trying to ignore the sounds of the night, the sky began to get cloudy. The clouds slowly obscured the moon, casting long shadows all around him. He couldn't take it. The darkness. The vastness of the night and all of the horrors it held. Scuttling through the trees as quickly as he could, as if he thought he could out run the night, he came to a small cave and ducked inside for cover. Monsters live in caves, he thought as he proceeded into the rock. Torches had been lit upon the walls, a sure sign that an explorer was near. He could breathe a sigh of relief.Explorers are good at fighting off monsters. Maybe it would help protect him. At least keep him company through the dark night. He kept walking and was about to give up hope of finding a friend when he heard noises up ahead. Someone was mining. He began to get excited and a hissing noise began to issue from his mouth. An involuntary reaction that he was born with. It happened whenever he got excited, there was just nothing he could do to stop it. As he got closer the noise of metal on rock stopped suddenly. The explorer probably just thinks I’m a monster. It’s just me!  he thought as loudly as he could. It’s no use, he can’t hear me. If only I could communicate with him, I’d let him know it was just me, not a monster. He kept going and when he came to place where the explorer was obviously mining, he stopped and looked around. The place was deserted. He had been sure he was about to find a friend. The hissing faded and hanging his head, he continued through the cave. It was brightly lit, that at least was a good sign. I hate being afraid of the dark, he kicked grumpily at a rock littering the ground. As he wandered through the cave, he began to feel like someone was watching him. Following him? Monsters? He walked a little faster, glancing behind him as he went. Nothing.  He kept walking, his paranoia getting the best of him. Eventually he came to an opening. He’d managed to walk in a circle and was once again at the mouth of the cave. Exposed to the darkness. The explorer must live close by.He headed back through the trees scanning the night for a source of light. In the distance he saw it, a lit window, hissing ensues. He walked up to front door and realized with a pang that he had no hands to knock, instead he peeked around through the window. The explorer had his back turned, working on something at a table. I’ll just stand here and when he turns around he’ll see me and let me in. The creeper stood hissing in front of the window. He’d found a friend. This explorer might even offer him a bed for the night. He shuddered as he thought about all the monsters in the wild.  After a while the explorer turned and quickly drew his sword. The creeper jumped, thinking there must be a monster behind him for the explorer to draw his weapon with such intent. There was no one. He turned back to window and the explorer had moved toward the door. He’s going to let me in. The hissing grew louder as the door opened and the explorer stepped out into the night, holding his sword steady. Hiss, hiss, hiss. The creeper moved forward to meet his new friend when suddenly something erupted from inside of… himself. When he opened his eyes, the smoke was clearing, he found himself in a crater. Dirt and debris were falling softly around him. The explorer was gone, as well as his house. Why does this always happen to me? he began to cry, interrupted by a scrap of something landing on his head. He shook it off and it fell to the ground. Flipping it over with his foot he saw that it was a scrap of fabric, a name patch, ripped from a shirt. “Steve”.  Damn. 

© 2013 ZaneFame


Author's Note

ZaneFame
I wrote this in about an hour, just for practice.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
Added on February 6, 2013
Last Updated on February 6, 2013
Tags: Minecraft, creeper, game, fanfic, shortstory

Author

ZaneFame
ZaneFame

About
I'm not a very confident person, but when I write it allows me to be someone different. I would love to improve my writing. Like any writer, you might meet, I would tell you that I want to publish a b.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Story by ZaneFame


Skye Skye

A Story by ZaneFame