A Mother's Heart

A Mother's Heart

A Poem by Too Poetic
"

A story poem about the heart of a mother.

"
An unjust king of plentiful wealth, an unjust king of plentiful power,
Tired was he, of his irksome life of nobility and power, living on the highest of all the towers,
So as a means to bring some excitement to his life, he set about to cause harm to an ignorant young child.
With a devious grin on his face, with eyes gleaming evilly delight,
He intends to cause harm to this ignorant child with all his wealth and might.

"Bring me your mother's heart child, and to you I will give all the gold, diamonds, and everything which is bright"
The ignorant child's eyes, lighting up like the fireworks in July, as the king says to the child,
"an offer the likes of this, young one, how can you ever deny?"

Thus The ignorant child runs with a sharp dagger by his side, intending to take his own mothers life.
The mother, unbeknownst of her sons intent, is caught by surprise, as her son plunges the dagger deep within her breast,
Seeming as if he is possessed, he slashes her across her chest, and takes out the heart that lies inside.
He cares not for the grievous crime he commits, for all he hears is the cherubic whispers of the man promising him to make him powerful and rich.
The ignorant boy smiles, and runs off at ninety miles an hour.

Thus during his haste to reach the wretched king, the boy trips and falls,
His mothers heart that he carries in his bloodied hand,
sails through the air and lands with a thud against the dirty sand.
Covered in dust and dirt, the mothers heart begins to make the softest sound,
"Dearest son of mine, oh darling son of mine, has any harm befalling you?"
"My dearest son, do you know not that the slightest scar on your body to me is similar to you plummeting from the highest mountain peak! I can not bare to see you hurt, my dearest, neither can I stomach, so please tell me, has any harm befalling you beloved?"
Hearing this very sound, it was as though the skies above him thundered with the wrath of the heavens for placing his mother through this wretched suffering.

The once ignorant child, now besieged by his unforgivable crime,
he wishes that he never met the evil king named Satan,
"without my mother, how can i enjoy this wealth, without my mother, my power is powerless, and my life? Is No better than over"
learning now that his mother is more precious
than any diamond or jewel ever seen before.
Knowing this now he wishes not to live his life anymore.

He takes his dagger and begins to stab himself in the same place he once stabbed her so proudly, to be an example for others so they may not repeat the same mistake over.
As the dagger nears his chest, His mothers heart calls out to him once more,
"Dearest son of mine, darling son, don't you dare stab my heart once again in the place you've stabbed it before".

Thus is the heart of a mother.

© 2016 Too Poetic


Author's Note

Too Poetic
All reviews and requests are more than welcome, I only wish my readers to take from this a the valuable lesson that is within this story poem.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh this was such an engrossing story and what a powerful ending - a mothers heart certainly does beat as one with her children...so deep is her love! Wonderful story telling Too Poetic and thanks for the Friend request - I look forward to reading more from you :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Too Poetic

7 Years Ago

Many thanks for reading this poem carolynn and thank you for accepting! I find your reviews to be mo.. read more
Carolynn

7 Years Ago

My pleasure - if you keep writing, I'll keep reading :)



Reviews

Oh this was such an engrossing story and what a powerful ending - a mothers heart certainly does beat as one with her children...so deep is her love! Wonderful story telling Too Poetic and thanks for the Friend request - I look forward to reading more from you :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Too Poetic

7 Years Ago

Many thanks for reading this poem carolynn and thank you for accepting! I find your reviews to be mo.. read more
Carolynn

7 Years Ago

My pleasure - if you keep writing, I'll keep reading :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
1 Review
Added on September 29, 2016
Last Updated on September 29, 2016
Tags: Mother, Love

Author

Too Poetic
Too Poetic

St.Paul, MN



About
I grew up in the inner city, I started writing poetry at a young age to help relieve the feelings I felt growing up. Life is never easy, but writing poetry helped me identify myself, it helped me see .. more..

Writing