In So Doing

In So Doing

A Story by Poetic License

They tell me I will be okay.

They say it takes time to learn, to acclimate.

There is a defiant thread, frayed and singular, that whispers from something older that if I choose to acclimate, if I give way, if I surrender to their schedules of endless medications marching into my body and robbing me of my ability to write, that I will step beyond acclimation into metamorphis. If I let go of this last bastion of resistance, I will become someone else.

I will be something new.

I will be changed.

I will have evolved so radically that nothing of this battered and beaten mind will survive.

Choice. Take the blue pill? Spit it out when no one is looking?

Trust.

Trust the program.
Trust the doctors.
Trust the therapists.
Trust the nurses.

I will never trust again.

They tell me I can learn to trust again. They implore me to try. In so doing, they reinforce my determination to never give way to such weakness again.

© 2017 Poetic License


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I wouldn't trust them either if they are trying to change who you are!!! but maybe they are not!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 20, 2017
Last Updated on September 20, 2017

Author

Poetic License
Poetic License

Challis, ID



About
There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed. - Hemingway Fyrene ond fæhðe fela missera, singale sæce, sibbe ne wolde wið manna hwone m&ae.. more..

Writing