Untitled

Untitled

A Story by Princess_ck84
"

an attempt at writing a "symbol" assignment

"

  The weight of it around her neck made the delicate chain it floated on bite into her neck and draw crimson blood, yet, weighed no more then a gram.  For years it shone like a beacon from her chest; a beautiful, brilliant beam of platinum; a bold and magnificent proclamation of proud devotion for all to adore and behold.  For all to behold that they were together.  That they were happy.

That she belonged to him.

So warm, sliding back and forth over her swollen heart and always seemed to ease the recurring swollen and bruised eye. Always there to reassure and remind her of his unyielding love, a hand to hold her tight and pick her up when knocked down.  Always a testament of how beautiful he thought she was, of how precious she was to him, of how he loved her.

Her pale reflection stared back at her with hollow eyes, once so blue and full of sparkle, stared at the mere piece of faded tin that clung to her sallow neck.  Had it always been a faded piece of worthless tin that hung so pathetically around her neck?  Never the platinum beauty she was made to feel it was, only a piece of insignificant tin enchanted to make her think it was valuable and precious?  Only a piece of manipulated tin that now looked so pathetic and dire, longing to be something more?  She deserved more.

She began to fumble with the clasp of the chain that had become embedded in her soft skin, wondering if she’d ever be able to loosen its hold. 

A triumphant click echoed in her ears as she released the bloodied latch from around her neck, an acrid smell of smoke still burning in her nostrils.  She felt a remarkable amount of release as the weight of it subsided and the rusty chain slipped through her fingers, landing hard on the polished surface.  She almost smiled with newfound delight, as her gaze rested on the crumpled remains.

Her face was somewhere between a grin and a grimace as she watched the water slowly rush over the chain, finally sinking out of sight into the murky depths.  It sunk farther and farther and with each moment her smile grew wider and wider.  It forever lost in a sea of salty sins, cleansing her pain and setting her free.  Disappearing into oblivion, never to be heard from again.

 

© 2008 Princess_ck84


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amazing...This was a manipulative imagery-filled piece that made me so sad and also so intrigued. Wonderful write. Thank you for your submission

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like this piece... it's very powerful and you use imagery very well.... I'm glad she took off the worthless piece of "tin". It's amazing how something so small can mean so much.... Great Write!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

271 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 13, 2008

Author

Princess_ck84
Princess_ck84

North Bay, Canada



About
I am amazingly sexy, I'm cute and voluptuous in a good way, I'm a Princess, I am HIGHLY underestimated, I can be the kindest and most wonderful person you'll ever meet, but I can also be that person.. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Story by Princess_ck84


'Ol Blue 'Ol Blue

A Story by Princess_ck84